Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How to change email and password on older Roku stick.

How to change email and password on older Roku stick so it matches the other two we just set up?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: How to change email and password on older Roku stick.

To change email you need to do factory reset. But if its too old of stick like 3500, and you are only using phone app, it will become a door stop. And once you do a factory reset it will lose pairing with its remote, so one of the first you do when the roku is bouncing start pressing and holding the pairing key in the battery compartment, release for a sec when roku stops bouncing and start pressing again until you get a confirmation that's its paired.

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: How to change email and password on older Roku stick.

@Citydino4help 

Thanks for the inquiry.

As @Tivoburkee mentioned, if you would like to connect your older Roku Streaming Stick to another account, you would need to perform a factory reset on your device. Once your device has been reset, simply activate the device using your newer Roku account.

Please be aware that factory resetting your device will reset all settings and return your Roku device to a state ready for initial setup, so it will no longer have the channels that were previously on it. When connecting the older Roku Streaming Stick to your newer account, it will have the channels that are currently linked to that account, as long as the device supports the channel.

For more information on how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos