Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Change billing from Roku to Hulu

I am trying to change my billing so that I get billed through Hulu instead of Roku. I have no subscriptions active through Roku. No one seems to know how I would change that payment method. I have thought about cancelling my Roku account so the payments stop coming through Roku but I am not sure and cannot get a straight answer if that would cancel my Hulu account. I was told on by the same Hulu chat rep that if I cancel my Roku account, my Hulu account would cancel (even though in my mind, my subscription is to Hulu being solely billed through Roku and that would suspend my Roku account til payment method was updated in Hulu.. maybe I’m wrong there) and then he told me that since I have a gift cars on file with Hulu that canceling my Roku would not cancel my Hulu because the gift card is there. I do not want to cancel the Roku account IF it does indeed cancel the Hulu account... so I guess my question is can I change the billing from Roku to Hulu and how? And if I cancel my Roku account to stop payments will it definitely cancel my Hulu account? Thanks in advance for the help!

11 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: Change billing from Roku to Hulu

If I read your post again I will go nuts.

I guess you want to use a different account number??? to use with Hulu?

https://support.roku.com/category/202683127--account-and-billing

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Sorry if it is too complex for you, geez.

I want to be billed through Hulu and not Roku. Rocket science, apparently.

Highlighted
Level 17

Yes I got that. Just contact Roku and see what they say.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Beduder 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For account and billing related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, and select 'managing your order': https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Omg im having the same problem right now did you find a solution?

Highlighted
Level 7

I'm trying to do that also. Neither website is any help. Smiley Mad

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

I would cancel my subscription via Roku, wait until the end of the current subscription period (since you can't get any pro-rated refund), and then subscribe with Hulu.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I think a better question is...do I need a Roku account to have Hulu?  I have the same problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

You need a Roku account just to have a Roku, but you don't need any subscriptions paid for through Roku to enjoy your Roku.  I've never had a payment method set up and my Roku works just fine.  I'm guessing there are things that can only be had through a Roku subscription, but there's plenty of content out there that doesn't involve/require "Roku Pay".

0 Kudos