Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Activation or Support Scam

Jump to solution

Good grief. They can't even pretend to use a valid subscription name. What jerks. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

Jump to solution

I really really hope that you noticed the from email address, someone from Gmail.  I am positive no one from roku uses Gmail as a company email header.  

Secondly, the grammer/capitalization... Yikes.

ROku, roku, Roku, etc.  Just wow.  Inexperienced scammer for sure. Make sure you aren't renewing!  You should be able to freeze your credit card with a phone call if that's how you paid .

(3) Roku Ultras 4670X, Samsung Q8 tv, Samsung NU7100 tv, Plex streaming from NAS
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I too was scammed today. I received a code and phone number to call as I was trying to activate DIY on my Roku.  I have my bank investigating the charges.  I changed all passwords. Roku do something more than sending duplicate text to everyone who has complained.   And get your customer service phone number so we can talk to a real person.   This is unacceptable!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Got charged for activation fee for my new Roku tv should I have been charged

Jump to solution

Try to activate my new Roku Tv and I was charged one hundred plus tax should I have been charged!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Got charged for activation fee for my new Roku tv should I have been charged

Jump to solution

Not by Roku you weren't, you're were scammed by con artists, sorry. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Pay for ruko

Jump to solution

I had to reset my TV and when I opened my TV it would not let me open ruko. I called a number witch I thought was to ruko. I was told that I had to pay 129.00 to get ruko again. Is this true I have to pay for ruko???

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Pay for ruko

Jump to solution

@kdbbarnes wrote:

...  I was told that I had to pay 129.00 to get ruko again. Is this true I have to pay for ruko???

NO!  ABSOLUTELY NOT!

IMPORTANT! When linking your device you are directed to go to roku.com/link. Type this in extremely carefully and verify that you actually do go there. Otherwise you can end up at a scammer's fake Roku site. If you end up at ANY site not on roku.com (other than the https://my.roku.com/link that you'll get redirected to), back out and try again.

At this point, you may need to again factory reset your Roku and start setting it up from scratch again.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20

Jump to solution

NO!!! IT IS A SCAM!!!

You didn't go to this link:  https://my.roku.com/link

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Be very careful with the difference between roku and ruko. 

And if your Roku tells you to go to a website, type that EXACT website.  Do not search for something similar or let your browser auto-suggest something.

Highlighted
Level 7

Re: activation fraud

Jump to solution

I had my brother in law setting up my new tv.my second roku one.went to the website on the tv itself. Took me to a scam website where they wanted 89.99 asked me my password an email. I refused to pay. And hung up. Then started looking more online about roku. Found official site. That had my information and will try again tomorrow

0 Kudos