Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Refund my money back on my card.and cancel account

Jump to solution

@moldman wrote:

So I also fell for this very clever scam. I'm very worried about the fact the they were able to reset and load software into my new TV while I was on the phone with them. I guess I'm out of $170.00

Will preforming a "Factory Reset" block them from getting back into my TV?

First, immediately contest the charge on your credit card. Tell your bank it was a fraudulent web site that tricked you.

Right now, it appears they have access to your Roku user account. try logging into your account at https://my.roku.com. If you can successfully log in, immediately change the password. That should keep them from messing with your TV any longer. 

The one way to be absolutely certain they can't access your account/Roku is to create a new user account with a different email address, then do a factory reset of your Roku and link it to your newly created account. Then contact @RokuDanny-R to delete your previous account. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Setup issues

Jump to solution
While setting a Premier up (to replace a Streaming Stick with new Remote), an on screen message indicated a problem and provided a phone number.  When I called, the person said I had to pay $50. to hook up multiple devices. (A clear misrepresentation of the Roku Terms of Use).  I am not sure how she introduced herself - I don't remember.
At that point I was ready to try anything to get the device working.  With the payment she did something and the Premiere was working.

Later when I checked the terms of use, it was clear that this person misrepresented the Roku brand.
I have been working with my Credit Card company to get the charges reversed.
The company on the Credit Card summary was:

OYO Technologies
1910 9th Street
Berkeley CA 91710
Tel 510 677 5157

It turned out to be a private phone number not connected to any business (at least that was what I was told when I called).

I did some additional research using Google Search and found:

OYO Technologies LLC
2516 California Street, Unit A
Berkeley, CA 94703
Tel 510 860 7489

When I called there, They tried again to point to the Terms of Use.  I asked them which paragraph to look at since I had my computer open and could check.
When I mentioned this, I got some double talk.  I told them I would contact you and the Credit Card Company.  At that point they said they would initiate a refund.

Current Status:

The Credit Card Company is still "investigating".
You have just been notified with this post.
Streaming Stick is not working with either the old or new remote.  I am ready to toss it!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku scam

Jump to solution

It happened to me and they were good because I went under the Roku.com/link to activate ( this was my 3rd one so I wasn’t new to setting it up) that’s when the number popped up. I questioned why I was being charged and was told Roku had changed their policy as of Jan 1 2020. I should of hung up. I called the bank canceled transaction which I had to cancel my debit and sent the Roku back to Amazon. So lesson learned. Stream Web Digital is what they are calling themselves. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku TV Activation

Jump to solution

Was in same boat but I disconnected that device and sent it back to Amazon reconnected the older Roku no problem. So I didn’t need to reset anything had I kept that Roku connected yes but what really got me and prompted me to take action was when I noticed that Netflix wasn’t on there I went to add it back and screen popped up to try Netflix for 30 days AND asked for a phone number, something I hadn’t seen before AND I ALREADY HAD AN ACCOUNT WITH NETFIX! Yes I canceled my card which will b a pain when I get a new one but was worth it and I bought the Roku from Amazon ( I sent it back and money was refunded) I will buy my next at Walmart or the Roku site where there isn’t a third party vendor. I have tried to let everybody know about this so hopefully no one else will get caught up in this. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Roku TV Activation

Jump to solution

@ernurse80 wrote:

So I didn’t need to reset anything had I kept that Roku connected yes but what really got me and prompted me to take action was when I noticed that Netflix wasn’t on there I went to add it back and screen popped up to try Netflix for 30 days AND asked for a phone number, something I hadn’t seen before AND I ALREADY HAD AN ACCOUNT WITH NETFLIX! 

When you add Netflix (or other paid subscription channel) to a Roku, it does not have your login credentials. You always have to log into the app/channel the first time. So yes, most of those will offer a trial period before you've entered your credentials. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Trouble with setup

Jump to solution

When trying to enter code it wouldn't take it then it gave me a phone number to call for help and they said it was a security problem and they could fix it permanently for $49 so I won't have this problem hooking up another roku. Just went to first site to activate, could it have been a wrong site?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku activation scam

Jump to solution

I would guess it is a scam... that is about what they offered me..   they reduced it to $150 when I told them I was skeptical about it.... Guess I should have went with my gut.  I wouldn't pay it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Roku activation scam

Jump to solution

@jtsandman17 wrote:

I would guess it is a scam... that is about what they offered me..   they reduced it to $150 when I told them I was skeptical about it.... Guess I should have went with my gut.  I wouldn't pay it.

Anyone that is requesting payment for any sort of Roku support is a scammer. If anyone has paid money, immediately contest the charge on your credit card and make sure you can still log into your personal Roku user account. If you can, change your password. If you can't, contact @RokuDanny-R via private message for assistance. 

Dan
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: Trouble with setup

Jump to solution

Not just "could have been", it absolutely was.  That was a scam!

Click on this link:  https://roku.com/link

Trust me, even if you think you did that, you did not.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Why did roku charge me $200.00 for lifetime support

Jump to solution

I was using my roku machine and the remote quit working. so I put new batteries in it.  Roku said on the tv to pair my remote.  it wouldn't pair.  then a number popped up on the tv that said having trouble/ call this number.  when I called the number they charge me $200.00 for a lifetime service.  Didn't ask for a PIN number,  They put it on my credit card.  I pay with PayPal.

0 Kudos