Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

30 day free trials charging full cost up front

Jump to solution

Roku says that they have patrner with premium companies like showtime stars etc for 30 day trials due to covid but when try to access it automatcally pulls full monthly subscription dont understand it says free trial 

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: 30 day free trials charging full cost up front

Jump to solution

@hamilton061969 @alea1013 

Thanks for the inquiry. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

For account or billing related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, and select 'managing your order': https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Being charged for free trails.how do I get my money back

Jump to solution

@Laura4 

Thanks for the note.

Did you previously have a free trial with Starz or Epix? Please be aware that if you previously had a free trial through the same Roku account (on any Roku device linked to your account), you will not be eligible for another free trial with that specific service. We highly recommend reviewing the terms for any trial, prior to signing up. 

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
25 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Jump to solution
The way most free trials work is you sign up and give them your payment information. You are not charged until the free period expires. To avoid payment you must cancel before the end of the trial period.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Did you get it fixed? The same thing just happened to me and I'm beyond upset because I'm currently on a stay in your home order and don't have extra money for something that was suppose to be free.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

No not resolved; it is only free if you purchase a new roku devise which is no help financially; due to modified hours all extra I would have to expend is gone and like many who are currently on furlow or lost job dont great offer but backwards. It completely didcounts long time subscribers and the financial aspect of every home. I am sure there are many that have that kind of expendable money but who in their right mind would trade grocery rent essentials to go buy any new equipment. This is a drop back and punt maneuver for Roku. Disappointed. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

No it clearly charged my card for the sub; thankfully use a prepaid for these kind of things so it kicked it or I would have flipped. Roku customers service by email only not even chat

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

It didn't say any of that. I went to roku channel on my tv and not once does it say that anywhere. So they will have to do something. I would have never subscribed to these channels otherwise. They withdrew 20 dollars out my bank acoount for epix and showtime. I wonder if i could dispute it with my bank. They can have showtime and epix back. I NEED MY MONEY. Im a single mother of 5 and heck I struggling to even buy food right now. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I am so pissed right now. I can't get in touch with anyone. I emailed them but that bullcrap that i have to wait for a email for an answer. Do you think if i dispute it with my bank i can get my 20 dollars back. Not once does it say another about new customers anywhere when i subscribe to the channels.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I almost subscribed but then decided not to. This is total BS and false advertising. Someone wa saying it's for new subscribers but that would make no sense considering most people are currently financially strapped. I intend on emailing them also and hopefully it won't take days. I hope you get some quick resolution and your money refunded.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I am so mad. I got one email saying they don't refund. I mean i just did it a few hours ago. Its not my fault yall arent talking calls. I am so annoyed because it basiclly doesnt tell you anything in the terms. Do you think if i dispute it with my bank it will work. I'm still waiting on an email. They should have chat or something. I mean this is ridiculous. I need that money for pampers for my baby. I just was trying to get my other 4 kids something to watch. I'm literally having a mental break down. I have 45 dollars in my bank account until i get a 2 day check from my job next friday since i haven't been able to work. That was for food and pampers. They took 20 dollars i dont know how I'm suppose to make it. I wish i wouldn't have ever did it. I'm crying while typing this. This is really heartbreaking. My kids wont havr food but have showtime and epix for the next week. How freaking stupid and selfish of roku. I can not believe this. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I read something on the bottom and there are a lot of stipulations in very fine print. It says new subscribers only, no refunds, and temporary hold on payment method for trial amount. I think this is totally messed up. Depending on your bank you might be able to reverse the charge without roku's assistance. Just explain the situation to your bank and let them know you want to do a "charge back". I really breaks my heart to hear this because I'm a single mom and know how it feels to have to ration your money right before payday. If the bank won't assist you then let me know and I'll help in any way I can.

0 Kudos