Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nahhee
Reel Rookie

Bait and Switch Offers on Home Screen?

Saw an offer on the home screen to upgrade an old Roku 2 to latest ultra for $69.  Clicked on the send email option and received an email with same offer.  Clicked on offer and signed into account on web, all I had were crappier offers for streaming sticks (two sticks I have) and a soundbar (Roku 2) which I do not want.  Never going to click "Buy Now" for something on a TV screen (like many security conscious folks) - you need to make sure what gets offered on the home screen is available from that user's account, else it is bait and switch!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: Bait and Switch Offers on Home Screen?

Hello @nahhee

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Please be advised that the promo requires a redemption period to apply the discount. Since when you click on the ad and it prompted you to a different device, it means that the discounts we offer are no longer valid on the specific model. However, you may log into your Roku account to redeem any available offer you may have.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
nahhee
Reel Rookie

Re: Bait and Switch Offers on Home Screen?

Spoiler
Thanks for your response.  I did log into my account prior to clicking on the email.  That then opened another browser window that still showed me logged in.  I then looked at the upgrade offers in my account, and the ultra shown on the screen (and in the email I received) was NOT there.  The only upgrades shown in my account were the ones I referred to - sticks and a soundbar that I do not want.  You have confirmed that the offers are basically a bait and switch operation, as what was offered to me not once but twice, and I have it in writing via this email, is not available to me to purchase.  I am inclined to file a consumer complaint unless this is rectified.
0 Kudos