Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RichardCM
Reel Rookie

30% increase in 2 years, why?

I noticed today that my bill went up $15 since last year, and $5 increase the previous year for a total of 30% increase in 2 years. I would like to know the reasons behind such a decision. The channels don't have a better resolution or better programs than 2 years ago. At that pace, in the next 4 years, my bill would have augmented by almost 100%.

6 REPLIES 6
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: 30% increase in 2 years, why?

What subscriptions? Many of the services have increased prices. The reality is that most of the big-name streaming services are NOT profitable. If it wasn't for the big money behind Disney+, Amazon, Paramount, Hulu, they would not even exist anymore.

https://www.vox.com/recode/2023/1/5/23539590/streaming-losses-netflix-hbo-peter-kafka-media-column 

0 Kudos

I received a shock when Fubo’s monthly charge went from $69.99 to $88.99 this month. That’s a 27% increase in price from last month’s payment. I will be canceling this outrageous overpriced subscription!

andyross
Roku Guru

Fubo has lots of sports channels. That is where all of your money is going. They are justifying in noting they added 70 channels. They are also imposing an RSN fee is some areas.

https://support.fubo.tv/hc/en-us/articles/11995835138829-I-m-a-FuboTV-subscriber-Is-my-price-changin... 

RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @Fubo_OVERPRICED

Thank you for the inquiry!

For these issues, it may be more effective for you to get help from our billing team.
Please contact them directly through our Account-Billing Support page. Choose the options for "Account, payments & subscriptions" and they are the best ones to help you out with that matter.

We hope it helps!

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
RichardCM
Reel Rookie

Thanks, Lianna! I will contact them.

0 Kudos
Wildrose
Streaming Star

I'm not sure they understand your comment. Roku only passes along the subscription cost that is set by the company that owns the subscription channel you sign up for, They probably get a small fee from the company but I don't think it affects your price, for example Disney+ is 10.99 on Roku and on Disney+ site. So no difference, The only difference may be when they run special deals then Roku might not have that. So to ask or complain about the pricing you'd need to talk to the company of the channel (e.g. Disney).

0 Kudos