Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Grand2

iPhone 12 hotspot how do I connect

Jump to solution

How do I connect my iPhone hotspot to my ruko on my tv?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: iPhone 12 hotspot how do I connect

Jump to solution

Hi @Grand2 

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Here's how you can connect your Roku to your iPhone hotspot:

1. Enable the hotspot on your iPhone.
  2. Make sure that your iPhone is connected to the internet and has a strong signal.
  3. Next, open the Roku app and select Settings.
  4. Under Network, select Connect to a Wireless Network and select your iPhone’s hotspot.
  5. Enter the password for your iPhone hotspot.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link for more information: How to connect your Roku® streaming device to the internet using Wi-Fi® or Ethernet | Roku.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

Warm Regards,

Lianna

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
EML522

Jump to solution

Thank you! I couldn’t see it listed until I turned on Maximize Compatibility under the hotspot.   

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Grand2 

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Here's how you can connect your Roku to your iPhone hotspot:

1. Enable the hotspot on your iPhone.
  2. Make sure that your iPhone is connected to the internet and has a strong signal.
  3. Next, open the Roku app and select Settings.
  4. Under Network, select Connect to a Wireless Network and select your iPhone’s hotspot.
  5. Enter the password for your iPhone hotspot.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link for more information: How to connect your Roku® streaming device to the internet using Wi-Fi® or Ethernet | Roku.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

Warm Regards,

Lianna

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Grand2--

Adding to the reply from @RokuLianna :

By "roku on my tv", do you mean a separate Roku device connected to your tv, or do you mean a "Roku TV" which has Roku functions built in?

If it is a separate Roku device, note that some lower end models only work with the 2.4 GHz wifi band.  If your iPhone hotspot is set to use the 5 GHz wifi band, it will never "see" a 2.4-Ghz only Roku.  To assure you can connect to any Roku model, be sure your phone hotspot is set to use the 2.4 GHz wifi band.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
EML522

Jump to solution

Thank you! I couldn’t see it listed until I turned on Maximize Compatibility under the hotspot.   

0 Kudos