Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aribluer

Wifi issues with 55 inch smart tcl tv bought around 5 years ago.

No one here is asking how to improve wifi connection while having the obstacle of not having physical access to network isp router. I looked at dongle routers but those only work with laptops. Is there a way short of buying a new tv to improve wifi reception?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Wifi issues with 55 inch smart tcl tv bought around 5 years ago.

Hi @Aribluer,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about the experience with your network connection. We are interested in learning more about the problem you are experiencing. May we know what Roku device you are using right now? (e.g., Roku Express, Roku Streambar, Roku TV—specify TV)

On the other hand, you can visit our Roku Support article to learn more about how to improve the Wi-Fi or wireless internet connection to your Roku streaming device.

Please keep us posted if you have any other concerns or questions.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I have a Roku sound bar it’s connected but the tv won’t connect 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @lujantroy73,

Thanks for the first post to the Roku Community!

We are interested in learning more about the problem you are experiencing. May we know your TV brand and whether it is running Roku OS? Are you encountering any error messages or error codes? Can you please provide a step-by-step description of the issue you are experiencing? In addition, what troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve the problem?

We will be better equipped to provide further assistance by providing additional details.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

It’s a 55 inch Sony 

0 Kudos

I unplugged and then plugged it back in

0 Kudos
jontalk
Roku Guru

@AribluerA bit confusing..What type of Internet are you using? Broadband or DSL? If broadband how do you connect without a modem and router? OR are you using a WiFi hotspot provided by a mobile carrier?  If so, have you contacted the carrier for help?

One of the most prevalent issues with connectivity is channel congestion. And the best way to learn is through use of phone app like WiFi Analyzer for Android; if you use an iPhone hunt for something similar in the app store. Once you're able to see how many others who use the channel/bandwidth setting, switch to one less congested. Of course this requires the ability to log into the router..

Your TV isn't that old though my personal choice has been using higher end TV's along with the Roku Ultra which has been 100% reliable..I've been using Roku since the first generation device, so I'm very astute with the technology

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds. Motorola MB8600 modem. Asus RT-AX68U WiFi 6 router. Western Digital Power Line network adapters
0 Kudos