Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MissJessie

Can't get to settings screen to update internet connection

I took my roku out of town and had all kinds of problems. Got it to work eventually in 2 of the 3 places we stayed but typically after an hour + of fighting with it. Back home now and can't get it to the settings screen, gives me the 003 error then gets stuck on the purple screen with ROKU in the top left corner. My internet company changed out my router and I can't get my Roku stick to go to settings so I can update the internet connection. I am not a techy and have exhausted all the recommendations I can find, including unplugging it several different times for 10 up to 60 seconds and keep ending up with the same result. This is beyond frustrating! Anyone here who is super patient who can give simple instructions I can try? I'd surely appreciate it!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Can't get to settings screen to update internet connection

Hi @MissJessie,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for reaching out for support. We appreciate the details of the issue you've been experiencing and the troubleshooting steps you have taken to resolve the issue.

Having Error 003 means that your network connection is unstable. Even with a strong internet connection, speed or signal strength fluctuations can cause delays or errors like this. We also need to consider how many devices are connected.

These are the troubleshooting steps that you can try:

• Perform a System restart by navigating to Settings > System > Power > System restart (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.)
  • Try to connect your Roku device to an alternative wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if there are any changes.

For more information, check our support page here: How to fix internet errors and issues on your Roku streaming device.

Please keep us posted on how it goes, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.