Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku constantly turns off my TCL television.

Jump to solution

Hi @Mxavier124,

Thanks for the quick response!

Do you have cellular data, so we can try connecting your Roku TV to your hotspot? If yes, please try connecting to a hotspot. This will help us see if the issue persists when connected to a different network. Also, kindly provide us the list of troubleshooting steps you have taken to try resolving the issue. This way, we'll be able to determine the steps that we can take for you.

We anticipate your reply.

Kind regards,                                                                                                                                  Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mxavier124
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Do you have cellular data, so we can try connecting your Roku TV to your hotspot? If yes, please try connecting to a hotspot. This will help us see if the issue persists when connected to a different network.

I don't know what cellular data is (cell phone?)... hotspot??  I'm wired connected with Spectrum which I experience no connection problems while using computer (I have 500mg speed).

Also, kindly provide us the list of troubleshooting steps you have taken to try resolving the issue. This way, we'll be able to determine the steps that we can take for you.

Will list those I remember; you can get a detailed list from previous conversations with your staff.

Returned tv and Roku to manufactured state several times
Restarted Roku several times but to no avail
Went into Systems to make sure all timers were set to not "time out"
Was asked to contact TCL company; they told me it was a Roku issue after trying several things
Repeated the above again
Always looking for updates but non appear; however, channel numbers came back all of a sudden
Gave serial number, software number and several other numbers (please see past correspondence)

Many thanks for your efforts.

RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Mxavier124,

We appreciate you providing us with all the details needed.

We sincerely regret any inconvenience that this may have caused you. We understand that this has been  We will create a follow-up for this escalation with our appropriate Roku team. Rest assured that we have already forwarded your concern along with your information.

In the meantime, your patience and understanding are highly appreciated. Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can be of assistance with, and we'd be more than willing to assist you.

Kind regards,                                                                                                                                  Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Has there ever been an update to this? We’ve been suffering with the same issue and the shut offs are becoming more frequent. 

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @Helpfixmytvpls!

It is highly appreciated that you've brought this to our attention so we can look closely at the frequent power issues you've been currently experiencing on your TCL Roku TV and we'd be more than happy to find you the best resolution possible.

Before we proceed, we'd like to gather further information. With this being said, kindly let us know the following:

1. Does it automatically power off during playback? If so, kindly provide us with the specific channel.
  2. Is this an isolated case within a specific channel?
  3. What specific troubleshooting steps have you tried to try and resolve this?
  4. When did this issue initially occur?

In the meantime, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused your streaming. 

We'll be anticipating your response so we can assess your concern better and provide you with an accurate resolution. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mxavier124
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

If your Roku software build is: "Software Version: 12.5.0 Build 4176-48" (mine) they won't be able to resolve their problem and were never able to resolve. The problem was never my tv but the actual Roku software. I had to buy another tv in order for it to work properly. The build for my present one is: "Software version 12.50.0 Build 5159-G5".

I wish you the best in your many trials.

Mxavier124
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@Helpfixmytvpls 

If your Roku software build is: "Software Version: 12.5.0 Build 4176-48" (mine) they won't be able to fix and were never able to repair mine. The problem was never my tv but the actual Roku software. I had to buy another tv in order for it to work properly. The build for my present one is: "Software version 12.50.0 Build 5159-G5".

I wish you the best in your many trials.

Noku2022

Jump to solution

Our TCL Roku TV has started doing this this week. We barely get something turned on and it shuts off. Completely useless!!!

Mxavier124
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

That problem duplicates the one I experienced with Roku software... in the end no sooner did I turn it on is turned off immediately following a soft click.  Hope they can help you with their software problem; they couldn't help me.  Roku is great when it works but when it doesn't it won't.

Please post if they are able to solve their software problem.  🙂

RokuElmer-H
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @Noku2022!

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having the same issue with your TCL Roku TV turning off randomly. Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.  

Here are a few things to take note and you can try if you haven't tried any troubleshooting yet. 

• One reason why your TCL Roku TV might be rebooting by itself is due to the insufficient power supply. Please check the power adapter and power outlet to ensure everything is properly connected to the back of the TV. 
  • You can also try using another network, such as Mobile Hotspot, when streaming and see if that makes a difference.
  • You can perform a system reboot, by navigating to Settings>>System>>Power (if available)>>System restart.

If the issue persists after trying these steps, we may need help from the TV manufacturer team as this may be related to a hardware problem. Please contact your TV manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can contact them here: TCL Support or at 1-877-300-8837.

Best regards,
Elmer

Elmer H.
Roku Community Moderator