Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku TV not showing antenna channels in live TV

Hello John,

this happened to my TV last night, I’ve followed the steps on this thread but none seem to be working.

please can you help?

thanks

Labels (2)
4 REPLIES 4
RokuBernie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku TV not showing antennae channels in live TV

Hi @chez_petrie,

We appreciate your first post here in the Roku Community!

Thank you for your response to the post above regarding your Antenna channels, and we thank you for taking the time to follow the suggested troubleshooting steps. We are more than happy to assist you.

In addition, you can follow these steps to scan the channels: Using your Roku remote, press Home > Settings > TV inputs > Live TV > Set up input > Atenna and Cables. For detailed information, you can visit our support page on how to set up and watch live TV on your Roku TV system.

We hope it helps.
Best regards,
Bernie

Bernie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Why do we have to do a system reset every time we turn the TV on in order to get the attena channels? 
I am really not liking this TV. 

CarolineWM

Did you ever figure out how to set up antennae TV? I have spent hours

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @CarolineWM

Welcome to the Roku Community.

We see that you need assistance setting up your Antenna on your Roku TV, and we'd be glad to help. A Roku TV is equipped with an ATSC tuner that provides access to digital “over-the-air” broadcast television. These channels can be accessed via an HDTV antenna connected to the Antenna TV input on your Roku TV.

Connecting to an HDTV antenna

Depending on where you live, you may be able to receive free “over-the-air” TV broadcasts from nearby TV stations using an HDTV antenna.

To access “over-the-air” broadcast television, the HDTV antenna must be connected to the Antenna TV input of your Roku TV.

1. Connect the coaxial cable from your HDTV antenna to the “Ant/Cable In” connector on the back of your Roku TV.
  2. Turn on your Roku TV, go to Home and select Antenna TV. If Antenna TV is missing, you can add it by going to Settings > TV inputs > Antenna TV > Set up input.
  3. Follow the instructions on the TV screen to complete the setup.
  • Note: The placement of the HDTV antenna can affect which TV stations you may be able to receive and the quality of the TV signal. It is normal for the initial channel scan to take a while.

For more information, you can visit this support article on How to set up the Antenna TV input on your Roku TV™

We hope you find this information useful, and let us know if you have further concerns on inquiries.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos