Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FMBob
Channel Surfer

Roku Pro Series TV Screensaver Question

Jump to solution

I purchased the new Roku Pro 75" TV last week and we set it up Friday evening. I have been trying to set the screensaver to the choice given me (Aquarium), and it shows it is the current screensaver. When I go to home screen and let it set for 1 minute (testing) the Aquarium screensaver activates. But when I am watching a movie and pause it for 1 minute, the "Roku TV" scrolling screensaver activates and not the Aquarium I have chosen.  I have done many things including resetting of the TV numerous times, only with the same result.

Before purchasing the new Roku Pro TV, I was using the Roku Ultra streaming device on my older TV and had it setup to use Aquarium as the screensaver. The Aquarium screensaver activated fine on my 'Home' page and when pausing a movie.

Anyone else have the new Roku Pro TV that is running into the same problem, or has some knowledge on how to correct it here on my TV? 

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Pro Series TV Screensaver Problem

Jump to solution
Are you sure you get the Aquarium when you pause a video on your Ultra? I don't get it on mine (4800). If you do, consider yourself lucky. In general you get your chosen screensaver everywhere except during a paused video. If you pause a video you get the "low resource" screensaver which is usually "logo rain". So it's not really a problem; it's just the way it works.
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @FMBob 

Welcome to the Roku Community! Congratulations on Your New Roku Pro Series 4K TV!

We're thrilled that you've chosen to enhance your entertainment experience with a new Roku TV. As you settle in, you might notice a feature we fondly refer to as "Roku Rain" as your screensaver during most playback sessions.

However, on certain Roku channels, such as The Roku Channel, you may occasionally see your default screensaver instead. Rest assured, when you're on the Home Screen, you'll see your chosen screensaver displayed prominently.

During TV or movie playback, the screensaver experience may vary depending on the channel you're using. In most cases, you'll encounter the soothing visuals of "Roku Rain" accompanying your viewing sessions.

Once again, congratulations on your new Roku Pro Series 4K TV, and we hope you enjoy countless hours of entertainment with it!

Best regards,
Roku Community Team

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution
Are you sure you get the Aquarium when you pause a video on your Ultra? I don't get it on mine (4800). If you do, consider yourself lucky. In general you get your chosen screensaver everywhere except during a paused video. If you pause a video you get the "low resource" screensaver which is usually "logo rain". So it's not really a problem; it's just the way it works.
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @FMBob 

Welcome to the Roku Community! Congratulations on Your New Roku Pro Series 4K TV!

We're thrilled that you've chosen to enhance your entertainment experience with a new Roku TV. As you settle in, you might notice a feature we fondly refer to as "Roku Rain" as your screensaver during most playback sessions.

However, on certain Roku channels, such as The Roku Channel, you may occasionally see your default screensaver instead. Rest assured, when you're on the Home Screen, you'll see your chosen screensaver displayed prominently.

During TV or movie playback, the screensaver experience may vary depending on the channel you're using. In most cases, you'll encounter the soothing visuals of "Roku Rain" accompanying your viewing sessions.

Once again, congratulations on your new Roku Pro Series 4K TV, and we hope you enjoy countless hours of entertainment with it!

Best regards,
Roku Community Team

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
FMBob
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thank you for the information you have provided to me, I appreciate it very much!

I understand what you said, but kind of think it is a little weird. But at least now I know there is nothing wrong with the new TV and I won't have to return it.

Thanks so much!

Bob

0 Kudos
FMBob
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Positive. It is still connected to the TV I am replacing and it always shows the Aquarium whenever the video ends or when paused. Having gotten the info from a couple others here, I now know that is just how it works on the new Roku TV I just got.

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply!

Bob

0 Kudos