Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku TV Stuck on Connecting… this may take a minute error

Jump to solution

Hello,

If you are able you can connect the TV physically to a router on your internal network, turn off the TV, I unplugged mine for a few seconds, then turn the TV back on so that it utilizes the physical ethernet connection.  Then you can either reconfigure your wireless or factory reset as needed.  The Factory reset on the back of the TV did not work on my TV.

Cheers,

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Suddenly stopped working says connecting this may take a minute but it's been over an hour

Jump to solution

Hi, Community users!

Greetings from the Roku Community.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. No worries! We'd be more than happy to look closely into this matter and help you resolve this.

We suggest following these instructions with your remote control: press the Home button (5x times), followed by the Up button, then press Rewind (2x times), Fast Forward (2x times), and your Roku device will restart automatically.

If the issue persists, Please help us with the required details below so we to send the case for investigation to our engineering team:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Photo of the error message for reference.

Note: We'll mark this post as solved for visibility and as a reference for other users.

Please let us know if the issue is fixed or reply to the thread for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
24 REPLIES 24
MxCreant

Stuck on Connecting… this may take a minute

Jump to solution

so this is happening to me right now. I have no way of changing my Wi-Fi connection because it doesn’t get past that front screen. I can’t even get to settings to turn off the Wi-Fi

RokuElmer-H
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Stuck on Connecting… this may take a minute

Jump to solution

Hi, @MxCreant!

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We have seen your post about the problem you are having with connecting your TV to your WIFI network. We appreciate the time you have taken to let us know about this issue, and were always here happy to help. One potential solution is to reset your TV by unplugging it from the wall outlet for at least 15 seconds.

Additionally, after doing this troubleshooting, you do have the option to use a Mobile hotspot to establish a wireless connection. You can refer to this support page on how to use a Mobile or Personal hotspot.

If the issue persists after completing this step, we recommend contacting your TV manufacturer for further assistance. How to contact the TV manufacturer.

Let us know if you have any other concerns or if you'd like to start a new thread for different issues.

Thanks,
Elmer

Elmer H.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
imunger
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

none of this works. I've tried pressing the reset button, reset the phone, the router, had the tv unplugged for 5 minutes, and still the Connecting... screen. Please help!

imunger
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

So Koku, please add this to the solution for the connection issue. The only way to resolve this is to do a factory reset by pressing the button on the tv for 10 seconds. 

HERIII
Reel Rookie

Stuck on Connecting...This may take a minute

Jump to solution

I've turn my tv off by pressing and holding the on/off button on the tv (not in the remote). I've unplugged my tv from the power on the wall for one minute. I make sure that the wi-fi were fixed in 4.5G. And finally I've connected my tv thru an ethernet cable and the issue keeps going on. So. What can I do? Because the only thing that the tv allows me to do is turn it off or on and up and down volume. 

0 Kudos
Taraw15

Re: Stuck on Connecting...This may take a minute

Jump to solution

My TV is doing the same and I have followed all of the above ways to try to fix this. Nothing is helping. Can we please get a resolution to this issue?

0 Kudos
cmtd

Jump to solution

My has been doing it for the last four hours. 

I have unplugged the TV.  Unplugged the router turned everything back on.  The message continues.

0 Kudos
Tom00

Jump to solution

Had the same issue happen today as well.

There is a reset button just below the AV composite inputs. Held it until the screen turned off.

Had to do the roku setup again and sign back into all my apps. Not ideal but the thing works again.

Guessing roku botched an update for their product. 

0 Kudos
surly

Re: Connecting…this might take a minute screen doesn’t go away!

Jump to solution

it’s April 2024. i have had my sharp roku tv for a couple years. no issues at all. nothing has changed in my home. same router, wifi, etc.  

i watched netflix two nights ago and when i turned the tv back on yesterday, it just displayed the message “connecting…this may take a minute” .  i did all the usual stuff - unplug it, router, etc. it’s been over 24 hours. i’ve searched several forums online and no one has a solution for this. i have not seen one post that has a successful resolution to this problem. 

the only thing that works on the tv is on/off and volume. cannot use arrows. 

is it a hardware issue and my tv is fubar? 

0 Kudos