Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jesse21069

App shuts off sending me back to Home screen

So lately I am watching a show, for example on paramount plus, or cbn. After a few minutes the app turns off and I'm back at the home screen. Connection is good, I tried resetting, restarting, etc and the issue continues. Bought roku tv in January, problem slowly started in late February. 

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: App shuts off sending me back to Home screen

Hi, @Jesse21069 

Welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for sharing this information with us, and we'd like to take a closer look at the issue. It seems like this needs to be reviewed, and we'd like to request further information. Kindly provide the following:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • What channel and what version/build is the channel that is having the issue? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • A photo or video clip referring to the issue,
Once we have this information, our team will review this case and proceed with the necessar actions to address the issue.

Your response would be much appreciated.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
GonKokoro
Reel Rookie

Did Roku ever fix the issue because this has been happening to my tv for several years now. So much so that we just use a fire stick instead of Roku. And every single time I have tried to contact Roku about it they give me some BS excuse or blame the apps. I’m tired of it and they need to be held accountable for it. It’s a massive pervasive issue that many users have and yet they don’t care at all. 

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @GonKokoro

Greetings, and welcome to the Roku Community.

Thanks for sharing the information you have encountered. We understand your situation. Could you please provide the requested details above this thread so we can take a closer look at the issue? This information is critical for us so we can review the issue you have brought to our attention, and we'll be working with the appropriate Roku team to address it.

Your response would be much appreciated.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos