Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NJW

Re: Can I activate without a credit card

Jump to solution

Can you please provide details on how to unhide the skip button on the credit card issue? We are using Firefox browser. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Hector-Roku
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @NJW, thank you for reaching out to us about this! We can see how it might be a little confusing on the website. If you are looking to skip this step, you can click the Roku icon at the top left of the screen to return to the Roku home page or close out of the page entirely. Your account should be registered and you should be able to login. If you have any issues with this or anything else, please let us know!

0 Kudos
NJW

Jump to solution

I am still trying to link my ROKU to my account. When I click the icon at upper left it does take me to a page witha shark on it. But my defice still needs a code that tells it that I have completed setup which keeps wanting me to give credit card info.

0 Kudos
Hector-Roku
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @NJW, thank you for getting back to us. Are you using a streaming stick or would this be a Roku TV you are trying to set up? During the setup process, now that you have registered for an account, try selecting, "I already have an account." You will need to go back a couple of steps in order to select this option. You will then sign in with the credentials you created online. Please let us know if this works for you; if not, we'll be happy to dig into this further.

0 Kudos
NJW

Jump to solution

Not sure what has happened here. Suddenly at the bottom of the page that wanted credit card info appeared "skip this step". I have now successfully finished the install after a lot of time. Thank you for your replys and suggestions!

0 Kudos
Hector-Roku
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @NJW, we're glad we were able to help out. Don't hesitate to post on The Roku Community in the future with any questions. We hope you have a great day and happy streaming!

0 Kudos
tankiee

Jump to solution

Worked perfectly. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Kerehl

Re: How to set up a Roku account without a credit card

Jump to solution

Can I set up my account without my credit card 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: How to set up a Roku account without a credit card

Jump to solution

Hi @Kerehl

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

Try signing up for a new account without your credit card by clicking this link.

Moreover, please be advised that we are prompting our users to link a credit card to their Roku account so they can purchase hardware and entertainment directly through their streaming device or account. You will never be charged to create a Roku account. And you can always update your payment information or remove it

For more information, check out this Support article: Why is a payment method required when creating a Roku account?

I hope this helps!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Retne

Re: Payment taken without service

Jump to solution

I wonder... does Roku realise what a terrible impression this creates? I just bought my first Roku device to dip my foot into a different streaming ecosystem, but am now consider going in a different direction again.

I wanted to try this to see what the experience was, but my experience is now so tainted by this interaction, I don't think it will get a fair shake.

Why on earth should I give a credit card just to register a device I already bought, just to be allowed to use it? And, frankly, is this legal in many jurisdictions where companies must ask only for what they need, not what they'd like on a whim? I'd perhaps be happy to purchase things, if I didn't feel like I was on the bad end of a Nigerian Prince scam, which forced credit-card acquisition smacks of.

How to avoid this unpleasant purchasing aftertaste? Simply show me a skip button. That, to me, would be a reasonable. Don't make my first interaction with Roku's community be me looking up how to avoid some of Roku's processes. Whichever department forced this through needs a strong talking to by your customer experience / UX or support folks!

But my thanks to those posted hacks around this. If only your sage advice wasn't needed...

0 Kudos