Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bob49
Binge Watcher

Re: streaming stick has no signal

Jump to solution

Been there. Done that.

0 Kudos
Bob49
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Tried it. No go.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hey @Bob49,

Thanks for keeping us posted about this!

It seems like we have made been done a lot here and thank you so much for your effort.

I've dropped a PM for you about this.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
GaBax
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm having the same exact issue: All of a sudden, Roku Express 4K+ stopped working.

HDMI1 (where it's always been) appears first, then:

No Signal
Press INPUT on your remote control, then select the device you want to view.
Make sure the device is turned on!

We've tried all of the steps recommended - so there's a faulty cable or faulty stick somewhere. Advice?

SN SO7P2172PT3F
Model 3941X

Thank you!

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@GaBax, the 3941 isn't a stick.  Sticks plug directly into an HDMI port without the need for a cable.  It can be an important distinction, but probably doesn't matter in this case.  If you press Home on your Roku remote a couple of times after turning on your TV do you then see the Roku Home Screen?  If so, your Express probably has "power saving" enabled under Settings->System->Power and it's working properly.  Remember that the Power button on the remote is strictly for the TV; it doesn't affect the Roku device at all.

If that's not it, does the light on the Express illuminate when you disconnect and reconnect the USB power cable?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
GaBax
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi - thanks for the clarification re: stick. I was using the term incorrectly, and don't have the Roku stick.

I have pressed Home a few times after turning on the TV, and no Roku Home Screen appears. Only the same sequence - HDMI1 (correct input), then the message about No Signal. 

After disconnecting and reconnecting the USB power cable, the blue light does come on immediately. About 1 second after the blue light illuminates, a red light pulses very briefly while the blue light is on, then goes away. The blue light stays on, even when the TV is turned off.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@GaBax, a flash of a red light bothers me a little.  I don't think that's normal.  Do you have it plugged into the TV's USB port or are you using the supplied USB power adapter?  If the former, try the supplied power adapter.

The light on the Express is completely independent of whether the TV is on or off, so it's not unusual for it to be on when the TV is off.  Do you have another TV you can try it on?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
winpakbob
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Exactly the same issue.  Streaming stick purchased Dec 2023 and only used for travel stopped working.  First symptom was a frozen home screen.  Remote did not work and Roku app on phone did not find device.  So, moving to other ports, other power connections did not help but then I lost the signal all together.  Fast forward three days, now at home I have tried this on two different home TVs and different HDMI ports but "no signal".  Reset button does nothing.  Stick is directly inserted into the HDMI port and I am using the WiFi enhanced cable supplied with the stick.  SN SOJ73382RWYL

Is this device under warranty?  Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @winpakbob,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for sharing your experience with the Roku streaming stick, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Have you tried to connect your Roku device to an alternative wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you are still experiencing the same issue? If you see something different, please let us know what you see.

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
winpakbob
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yes, I have been in two completely different locations, one traveling (when this first happened) then when I got home I tried on two tvs.  So two locations, two wifi networks three tvs and about six different HDMI ports.  The device is dead an the reset button does nothing.

No matter what power supply or tv or HDMI port I am using, I get "no signal"

Thank you for your help but I really think this is a bad hardware issue.  

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.