Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tennisblume
Channel Surfer

roku express 4k+ shows no signal

Roku express 4K+ shows no signal.  The light is working, tried new HDMI cable and all 3 available HDMI ports.  Tried it on another TV with same result.  Tried factory reset and held button for over a minute with no result.  Have plugged it in with other adapters even tho light is working.  VERY old Roku model which I replaced with this unit still works fine using same HDMI cables, ports etc.  Is there anything I can do short of buying a new unit?

9 REPLIES 9
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: roku express 4k+ shows no signal

Hi @Tennisblume,

A warm welcome, and thank you for posting here at the Roku Community!

We sincerely appreciate all the effort you have exerted to resolve this concern. You did an excellent job.

We believe all possible troubleshooting steps have been taken, so we have passed this case along to our appropriate Roku support team. Kindly keep an eye on your email inbox, as one of our support representatives will reach out to you directly from there.

If you have further clarification, please keep us informed.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tennisblume
Channel Surfer

well I got a reply about a possible replacement and responded to it.......and I'm waiting.  Still waiting.....

I feel very pessimistic about Roku support right now.  Even if the answer is no, I still want the courtesy of a reply.

Bruce Blumenthal aka Tennisblume

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Tennisblume,

Thanks for getting back to us and keeping us posted about this.

We've reported this case back to our Support team. We're sorry for the inconvenience this has caused and for the delayed process.

Thank you for your understanding!

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tennisblume
Channel Surfer

Well, I've waited, and waited even more.  Got an email about a replacement and waited, and waited even more.  Nothing received.  My roku express 4K+ isn't even a good paperweight!  Am considering buying a competing product as roku support is seemingly deliberately difficult to reach, and fairly unresponsive.  Perhaps another streaming company has a more dependable product and better customer service.  Unless you can convince me otherwise......

Bruce Blumenthal (aka Tennisblume)

bruce.blumenthal@gmail.com

0 Kudos
Tennisblume
Channel Surfer

Sorry I must have been unclear.  I only reached customer support due to the efforts of this Roku community who contacted them.  After my response, the support person wrote that a replacement would be sent but might take as much as 10 days.  Well it has been more than 10 days and nothing......plus no reasonable way to reach customer support!  In fact, support request ##815360 asked me to rate the support team.  Since I waited so long hoping to be able to provide a favorable response the request to rate them has "timed out" and is no longer valid.  So frankly my present rating for Roku support is about a negative 10.  Maybe you can nudge them further as they agree that it is a hardware issue and that there is nothing more that I can do with my inoperable unit.  However, perhaps I should buy a competing streaming machine from a company with a customer service phone number at which I can reach a live person interested in customer satisfaction.  Roku appears to have no such interest

bruce.blumenthal@gmail.com aka Tennisblume

0 Kudos
Tennisblume
Channel Surfer

this is what I was looking for to forward earlierthis is what I was looking for to forward earlier

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Tennisblume,

We really do apologize for the late response to this and for the delay in the process.

We just validated your account, and as you've mentioned, this has been processed by our support team.

I have sent you a PM for further information.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I am having the same issue with my device. Do you recommend going through getting the device replaced by Roku? 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Onequestion,

Welcome, and thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

Could you elaborate more on the issue you've been experiencing? Are you getting an error code or message? In addition, please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue so we can investigate further.

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos