Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
guruv
Reel Rookie

roku 3811x connectivity without long range wifi receiver

Jump to solution

HI,

does 3811X have inbuild wifi receiver, so that i can use it without using long range wifi receiver (USB Power Cable with Long-range Wi-Fi® Receiver | Roku)?

my long range wifi receiver wire is damaged and why i connect roku using regular USB cable remove it not working and roku display shows "not connected"

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: roku 3811x connectivity without long range wifi receiver

Jump to solution

There is no internal wifi receiver in the 3810/3811.  The only wifi receiver is in the USB Power Cable with Long-range Wi-Fi® Receiver

Flagging this to bring it to the attention of Roku employees @RokuDanny-R, @RokuKariza-D, & @RokuMary-F

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@guruv 

The Roku Streaming Stick 3810/3811 requires the use of the long-range wireless receiver cable.  This cable is needed/responsible for both network connection (wifi) and remote control of the device.

If this cable is damaged and not working, your Roku Streaming Stick 3811 will not be able to connect to your network or receive commands from your remote until you replace it.

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

makaiguy

Jump to solution

There is no internal wifi receiver in the 3810/3811.  The only wifi receiver is in the USB Power Cable with Long-range Wi-Fi® Receiver

Flagging this to bring it to the attention of Roku employees @RokuDanny-R, @RokuKariza-D, & @RokuMary-F

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
guruv
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

thanks all for reply

my roku stick is waste now. This is waste of my money!!! long range wifi receiver didn't even lasted for 1 year and new one is 20$. It would have been better is it is clearly mentioned at time of purchase stick won't work without original power chord with wifi receiver. When i purchased It looked to me that wifi receiver is kind of signal booster and stick will still work without it.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @guruv

I sincerely apologize for the delay in response.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they'll be reaching out to you from there.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos