Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aamirift

roku 3810 Stick + screen mirroing on windows 10

Hi,

I want to purchase a Roku 3810 Stick + 4k.

It supports screen mirroring from Windows. What is the maximum resolution supported over windows screen mirroring?  My laptop is 4k screen and I want to mirror 4K to Roku 3819 tv screen. Will it support 4k? Because other commonly available cast devices only support up to HD.

Also will it mirror using 5ghz or only 2.4 ghz?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: roku 3810 Stick + screen mirroing on windows 10

I've never tested the Stick with Screen mirroring, but have used my Ultra players for it. I don't have a 4K laptop, but would expect the screen mirror to reflect the resolution available on the mirrored device, like the laptop. Of course, the Roku will upscale any non-4K material when connected to a 4K display. It should not matter what WiFi band is in use when screen mirroring, as long as both devices (laptop and Roku) are connected to the same network and there's no security setting in the network that blocks access between connected devices. My Ultra 4800 is hard wired, and my laptop will screen mirror regardless if I'm on 2.4 or 5 GHz. My Ultra 4670 is wireless, and unless it's changed which WAP it's connected to it screen mirrors just fine from my iPhone (it's using Airplay, but it's still a screen mirror function). 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos