Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thedog48

how do i find my roku tvs ip adress without a remote and without it being connected to wifi.

My boyfriend's dad just gave us a Roku tv and we forgot to grab the remote. I have never connected to it and it is not connected to my Wi-Fi. I am trying to connect it to the tv remote app, but I can't do so without it being connected to Wi-Fi or with the Ip address which I also can't get with it not being connected to the Wi-Fi. I read somewhere that I can find the Ip address with the serial number, but I am not sure how to do that.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: how do i find my roku tvs ip adress without a remote and without it being connected to wifi.

If the TV isn't connected to a network it has no IP address.  You must have a physical remote to connect it to a network unless you can configure a hotspot or your network to match the last network the TV connected to.  You can probably pick up a cheap universal remote that supports Roku TVs at Walmart, Target, Best Buy, etc.

Anything you read about obtaining the IP address from the serial number is nonsense.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.