Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Danwhit88

Re: Won't connect to wifi extender

I fixed it!!!! Okay, I have the basic roku, I think the rokutv has a slightly different access,  but I found the secret menu,  press home 5 times then ff down rewind down ff, this accessed the secret menu,  (there are videos on you tube, secret menu). Scroll up to system operations menu,  this I found on a separate video,  fix any roku connection,  click operations menu,  scroll to network menu,  then to disable network pings. After you click,  it will then say enable. That is all for now, go home.  Then unplug roku power and disconnect hdmi cord for one minute.  I think for roku TV, unplug.  Then reconnect.  Now,  I couldn't connect anything,  so I went back through the steps and ENABLED network pings. Then home. Network searched,  and BOOM! There was the extender and a few other networks I had never seen! Again just figured it from a combination of you tube videos.  Yay. Been fighting this nearly a month,  figured it in less than 30 minutes.  Takes maybe 5 to fix.  Super easy.  Good luck!

0 Kudos
fr0ggy

no, it is not a problem of the extender, it is a problem of roku. we already saw that there are multiple extender models which have problems only with roku but not with other devices.

0 Kudos
scotthome
Reel Rookie

Level 8 and you still cannot understand the issue we are all having with your product? 

Edit: I may have been a bit hasty, now seeing Level 8 is not indicating a Roku tech... My bad.

Still, can't believe a Roku tech hasn't found a solution for us.

0 Kudos

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @scotthome,

Thanks for posting. 

We understand that you're unable to connect to a Wi-Fi extender. Try to connect your Roku streaming device to a wireless router and then connect to a wireless extender. If you can connect to the router but not the wireless extender, it would indicate that the issue Is within the wireless extender. It might be better to contact the wireless extender manufacturer's support and inform them about this issue.

Could you keep us posted on what you find out?

All the best,

Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
scotthome
Reel Rookie

@RokuTakashi, seriously, have you not read any other post herein? The issue is 100% ROKU. We've all had the same **bleep** connection experience with different extender brands. And yes, my ROKU connects directly to my router, but at 1990/dialup speeds. 

0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

@scotthome 

I was able to get a xfinity wifi extender to connect to my Sharp, 2 Westinghouse Roku TVs and a Roku streambar pro without an issue.

0 Kudos
BDT420

Here is the secret. You need to make sure you're extender is connected to both 2.4G and 5G on your main network. 

AFTER THAT¡!!!!

You will see the wifi.ext in you're roku network options. Remember to use the right password and like and subscribe jk.😅

0 Kudos
scotthome
Reel Rookie

How do you connect an extender to more than one network freq at a time... I don't think one can do that. Maybe it's that your extender can see both?

0 Kudos