Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KahluaKat
Reel Rookie

Re: Won't connect to wifi extender

So many of us reporting the same issue yet the problem is always suggested to be the extender - many of which are different. The common denominator is the roku device, not the extenders. I’m still having this issue and subscribed still hoping a solution will be surfaced. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@KahluaKat

Thanks for the post.

If you are able to connect to the wireless router, but not able to connect to the wireless extender, then the issue would appear to be the wireless extender and not the actual Roku device. Have you already tried contacting the wireless extender Support to see what insight they can provide?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
gsva
Reel Rookie

Thanks - I really don’t believe this is the problem. My extender is working with every single wifi device I have flawlessly - except the Roku. Also looks like others are reporting the same problem. Seems to be a Roku issue. 

jmenglish27
Reel Rookie

Same here.  Three Rokus, even of different ages and models, in the vicinity of my extender (TP Link RE150), and they're the only three devices that won't connect.  Every other device connects to the extender and works flawlessly.  The Rokus attempt to connect and cannot.  This is a system-wide Roku issue.

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

The connection issues cannot occur due to the ages of the devices, and it’s not a system-wide issue because I do not have this issue as of right now.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

I was living in a house until very recently that I was using a Xfinity WiFi extender to connect my 3 Roku TVs and a soundbar without any issues at all. I have since moved and I am back with Verizon fios as my internet and TV service. I don't have a need for a wifi extender anymore. If someone's ISP is Xfinity I recommend getting your extenders from Xfinity.

0 Kudos
Dkcap32

Have you read through all the comments? This seems to be specific to Roku,  as many have different extenders and are having the same issues.  I’m on this forum today because I also just got a TPlink extender.  Everything connects to it wonderfully EXCEPT my TCL roku tv.

0 Kudos
Dkcap32

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

@KahluaKat

Thanks for the post.

If you are able to connect to the wireless router, but not able to connect to the wireless extender, then the issue would appear to be the wireless extender and not the actual Roku device. Have you already tried contacting the wireless extender Support to see what insight they can provide?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Have you read through all the comments? This seems to be specific to Roku,  as many have different extenders and are having the same issues.  I’m on this forum today because I also just got a TPlink extender.  Everything connects to it wonderfully EXCEPT my TCL roku tv.

0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

I was living in a house until very recently that I was using a Xfinity WiFi extender to connect my 3 Roku TVs and a soundbar without any issues at all. I have since moved and I am back with Verizon fios as my internet and TV service. I don't have a need for a wifi extender anymore. If someone's ISP is Xfinity I recommend getting your extenders from Xfinity.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @Dkcap32

Thanks for reaching out. 

We're here to help you connect your Roku TV to the network. Do you receive an error message when connecting to your wireless extender? If possible, have you tried to connect your Roku TV using a wired connection to the network extender? Could you try to connect the Roku TV to another network and see if there's a difference to isolate the issue? 

Keep us posted on what you find out. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos