Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hisen22

Won't connect to wifi after pw change

I looked up on the internet and the only thing that seems to work requires you to have like five devices plus the Roku device itself. I only have one device and the Roku. So basically this thing is going to end up in the trash can because it's unfixable. I just wanted to complain. It sucks that if you change your Wi-Fi password, and only own a cell phone and a Roku plug in, your plug-in becomes garbage.

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Won't connect to wifi after pw change

Unfixable?  You can always buy a new remote, go back to using the old password, or borrow a friend's phone.  Unfortunately, there's no way to connect a phone to a stick until they're on the same network.  It would be nice if Roku came up with a way to connect directly to the stick, but I don't know if that's possible or what it would take if it is.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
ConTran
Reel Rookie

Re: Won't connect to wifi after pw change

If you're using the remote that came in the box I'm not really sure what are the remote you're talking about. This is a garbage product that will spontaneously stop working on you, and there's no reason to own one

0 Kudos