Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Judithstuede
Reel Rookie

Won't Connect to wifi - only connect to b/g/n signals

my hotspot is set to 2.4 b/g/n and still roku will not hook to internet. I've tried everything this is bs

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Won't Connect to wifi - only connect to b/g/n signals

Hi @Judithstuede

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Could you tell us more about the issue you have about the concern you're running into? We'd like to know more about how we can help! How long has the issue existed? In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue so we can assist you further?

With detailed information, we will be better able to assist you.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
Judithstuede
Reel Rookie

My roku express, roku tv and can't remember the model of other 1 connected to my portable hotspot for awhile then just quit connecting. It connects to the unit bit not the internet. I have changed settings to b/g/n and each separately  with no luck..  At wits end with this I have ro stream on my hp ellitebook with a q0 inch screen really

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @Judithstuede

Thanks for the post!

I'd be delighted to look closely to see how we may assist you in getting started. Do you receive an error message when attempting to connect to your wireless network or when streaming a specific channel?

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried re-connecting your Roku to a solid wireless network to see if that helps resolve the issue you are seeing? You may also try to connect to an alternate wireless network, such as another mobile phone signal typically provided and maintained by specific mobile phone (cellular) service providers, to see if you are experiencing the same issue.

With detailed information, we will be better able to assist you.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Judithstuede 

Regarding this portable hotspot device.  Is this the normal/only way you have connected to your Roku devices?  Do you not have an internet connection with a router/modem?

If the hotspot device is your usual method of connecting the Roku devices to the internet, post back with the model number of the hotspot device.  Since they are connecting to the device but not the internet, if may just be a IPv4 setting. (Of course, verify that you still have data allowance remaining on your hotspot plan).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos