Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: FIXES DO NOT WORK PLEASE FIX YOUR ISSUE

Jump to solution

Yeah - the model number is in your picture but it's very hard to read in the picture because it's black on black.  (Just above the SN which is in white.)

I can barely see 3__0X.  My best guesses would be 3900X or 3930X but a brighter bigger better picture is needed.

0 Kudos
Stacigarrison
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

20220413_133410.jpg

I cant get any closer

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Or it might be 3700X - in any case, I think all of these are 2.4GHz only - so definitely change the g,n to b,g,n like in the link I gave above.

Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

3900X - yep 2.4GHz only - see above.

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Stacigarrison  The model number is in black ink. Use your flash or better lighting. Looks like 3900X. If it is a 3900X that was released back in 2017. Which makes your Roku about 5 years old now. Your Roku is old and outdated and no longer manufacture. You would gain a lot by upgrading your Roku. But follow the steps and change your Xfinity modem settings. If you use a flash or brought over better lighting you could clearly see the model number

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Ok.  Deep breath here people.

@Stacigarrison 

From your pics, we can see you have a TG1682 router with Xfinity.

The suggestion by @Strega is the likely culprit.  This router had a firmware update that is causing connection issue with 2.4ghz devices like your Roku Express.

You need to Edit your 2.4 ghz settings, change wireless mode to b/g/n, restart both your Roku and Router and you should be good to go.

Here is walkthrough with images previously posted in community.

https://community.roku.com/t5/Network-Wireless-Wired-Connections/Error-014-30-stuck-for-three-days/m...

Feel free to post back with update or if you need more help.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Stacigarrison
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

20220413_134008.jpg

Had to go under a shop light.  Any better?

@Strega wrote:

Yeah - the model number is in your picture but it's very hard to read in the picture because it's black on black.  (Just above the SN which is in white.)

I can barely see 3__0X.  My best guesses would be 3900X or 3930X but a brighter bigger better picture is needed.

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@AvsGunnar  Well written procedure with pictures. Better then any Comcast tech support 👍🏻

@Stacigarrison  It’s a 3900X. Follow the steps avsgunnar laid out 

0 Kudos
Stacigarrison
Binge Watcher

Re: Wireless network not detected - need assistance

Jump to solution

OKAY!  I will try this link info/fix.   Brb

Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Stacigarrison  I just helped someone with the same issue. They switched to b,g,n and everything works 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.