Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless network isn’t connecting but Amazon fire stick is

My wireless connection isn’t connected. Both tvs went out at the same time but yet my Amazon stick and phones are all still connected. I have restarted probably over 50 times. It’s been down for 15 hours and counting 

5 REPLIES 5
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Wireless network isn’t connecting but Amazon fire stick is

Hi @Donishataylor,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We would like to know how to identify and resolve any Wireless connection issues. I would recommend checking out our Support page for troubleshooting issues here: How to connect your Roku® streaming device to the internet using Wi-Fi® or Ethernet | Official Roku ...

Please answer the following questions so we can get a better understanding of what you are seeing

• What Roku model device are you using?
  • What was the error message when attempting to stream the channel?
  • Have you tried moving the device closer to your router to see if you can get connected?
  • How long have you been experiencing this problem?
  • Have you tried connecting your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot?

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos

I 100% have internet, there's nothing wrong with my wifi, nor the hot spot on my phone.

I cant open NetFlix, Plex, and Prime video tells me to check my internet connection. The internet check passes but yet I cant open any apps. I wonder if some roku service is down.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @levejohojollyf,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

I'd be happy to look closely to see how we can help get you up and running. Have you tried to check the Support FAQs I posted above? How to connect your Roku® streaming device to the internet using Wi-Fi® or Ethernet | Official Roku ...

If those things still aren't helping, can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? Kindly provide the answer to the question I posted just above your post.

Keep us posted and we'll continue assisting from there if needed.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
ARen

Same issue.

Making a connection using Hot Spot but cannot connect via WiFi. I’ve tried all the suggestions that I am aware of. Also, Soectrum checked router/modem and that’s ok. Also, have fire stick and no issue. Serial # s08y424ttpm7, streaming stick 4K

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@ARen, did checking everything include ensuring the wireless mode of your router is set to  b/g/n and not g/n?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos