Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SCRAPS
Binge Watcher

Re: Wireless Error 014.40 Again Verizon

Jump to solution

UPDATE: The shot-in-the-dark solution I came up with only lasted until October 12, 2023: about five days. After I moved residence, I disconnected the USB Power Cable from one Roku Stick+ and connected it to the other (newer model) Roku Stick+. It is currently working, but I know it is just a matter of time before the disconnect occurs again.
It is my belief that the only solution to this particular problem is to replace the WiFi extender from Roku for $20.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@SCRAPS 

Unless you need or prefer the Streaming Stick models, you can also consider purchasing one of the other streaming players (set-top) like the Roku Express 4k/4k+, Ultra, or Streambars that do not require this seperate proprietary Long Range Wireless Receiver (as the wifi NIC/module is located within the unit itself).

With holidays approaching, all of these should be going on sale soon.

However, I do believe the LRWR is the culprit/issue in your case.  This is likely why intermittent.  As the cable heats up and/or is moved/wiggled, it is just losing connection.

You can try finding a position that seems to be working and then try taping/Velcro the LRWR in place. (As opposed to just dangling).  May just be wearing in the cable itself and not internal failure in the module itself.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
SCRAPS
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hi @AvsGunnar 

The odds that the same problem exists on different devices is not a coincidence. As I'm sure you did, I looked at postings from other Roku users. It does appear to be an issue with the WiFi extender. I chose to replace the WiFi extender, but Roku only allows for a single purchase, rather than the two I need.
I did consider replacing my devices, but a new device is certainly out of my budget and will be for some time.

I do hope that anyone experiencing this issue will read all of the forum postings and make the best decision that works for them.

0 Kudos