Wi-Fi & connectivity

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kalyn
Level 7

Will not open anything in apps

I have done everything suggested.rebooted everthing. Have great network connection to my wifi. None of my apps will open. They are ip to date.  I do not believe i should have to delete all the apps and redownload to have them be active. What is the point in having it. If i have to do it to ALL of them.  Find a solution or it may just be amazon tv for me. 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Will not open anything in apps

If none of your channels/apps work then it points to a problem with your Internet connection even if every other device you have works.  As a first step reboot/restart everything involved - gateway/modem/router and Roku.  Just unplug the power from everything for several seconds and plug them back in.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Kalyn
Level 7

I had done all that before i posted, if you had read my post. My internet works, i play my playstation.  The signal and test on the aroku is coming back great, (hint hint there is internet connection) NO APPS OPEN. THAT IS THE PROBLEM. the only problem. NOW THAT ALL THIS TIME IS WASTED CAUSE MY POST WAS NOT READ PROPERLY IN THE FIRST PLACE.   FiX THE ROKU!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Kalyn

Thanks for the post.

As stated previously by @renojim, if all of your channels are not working, then its most likely not the Roku device that is causing the issue. Can you please provide more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using? What wireless frequency is your router broadcasting?

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried connecting your Roku device to an alternate wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you are seeing the same issue occur?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Kalyn
Level 7

Roku check: status connected, signal strenth excellent,  internet download 42mbps. 

Roku Express 

I had reset the modum and all the internet parts, tv electrical and everything before my 1st post.

This is taking way to long to watch my dam tv. I guess Roku does not care about there customers. 

Gonna have to go with the fire stick aince roku is the biggest diappointment. Absolutely horrible!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Kalyn

Thanks for the follow up.

I would recommend checking out our Support page for troubleshooting issues here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

Please answer the following questions so we can get a better understanding of what you are seeing:

- Have you ensured your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to? The Roku Express/Premiere is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. 
- Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect? 
- Have you tried moving the device closer to your router to see if you can get connected? 
- How long have you been experiencing this problem?

If those things still aren't helping, feel free to provide us with the serial number of your Roku from Settings>System>About along with the answers to the above questions and I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos