Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Postwick
Binge Watcher

Wifi won't connect after power outage

Same thing is happening to me after a power outage.

Changing wifi password or SSID means I have to reconnect all the (many) devices in my home.

Network reset on the Roku didn't fix it.

A factory reset means I have to relink the TV to my Roku account which will break the association I have in my home automation system (ie Amazon Alexa, Hubitat, etc)

This is a complete joke, Roku. It's 2022 and you can't get WIFI right? Wow.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Wifi won't connect after power outage

@Postwick

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using? What is your ISP (internet service provider)? Have you already tried rebooting your wireless network to see if that helps?

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried to connect to an alternate wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you are experiencing the same issue occur?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Postwick
Binge Watcher

Specify the issue? It's the same issue everyone in this thread is having.

It happened to both my Rokus. One is a TCL Roku TV and the other is a Roku 4K Streaming Stick.

My ISP is irrelevant.

Of course I've restarted everything. And, of course, the power outage restarted everything.

Yes the devices will connect to other WiFi networks. They'll connect to my same existing router if I change the SSID.

As has been explained in detail by your users here in this thread and many others, the problem is in the Roku software. It seems that the Roku software gets stuck on a wifi channel, and if the channel changes it can't see the wifi network any more.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

@Postwick

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

If your internet service provider is Comcast or ATT, we would recommend changing your router settings for the 2.4 GHz band from g/n to b/g/n, as customers have stated that this helped resolve their issue.

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos