Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BaronVendredi
Channel Surfer

Re: Sudden poor Wifi signal?

Lianna, I've read all your recent posts & the comments to which they apply.

A noble attempt, but this is really flogging a dead horse here isn't it.

I'll just clarify my current setup from a few posts back.

To get my latest Roku device to work wirelessly in my small apartment I have it <1.5m from a standalone router the job of which is to boost the Wi-Fi signal which every other device I own (& there are many) can see & work with everywhere else in the apartment except any Roku. So the Roku has its own Wi-Fi network 1.5m away. When I finish using the Roku (obviously actually switching it off is impossible - I switch off everything attach it via the amp & after 15m it claims to sleep) I switch off the dedicated router. I have to have one special extra device consuming power for the Roku to work.

Let that sink in.

Suggesting a fix to a wireless device by wiring it in is simply laughable. 

The devices are not fit for purpose - long or short term.

Humans are burning through the earth's resources & litter & landfill scar what's left. In 2023 a company should not be selling devices which need replacing so soon - it's unethical & wasteful. Manufacturers need to look themselves in the eye, but of course they won't as they will be dead before humanity reaps the consequences of manufactured obsolescence. (Or poor manufacture - take your pick.)

Roku need to stop making excuses & sort out their devices. Very good solution at face value but I'm never buying another & the many people in the 50 apartments around me who ask for technical advice will be advised the same.

0 Kudos
Kortik
Channel Surfer

Re: Sudden poor Wifi signal?

Dan was right. Just installed Ultra LT, and did not use LAN port yet, just WiFi to connect to 5 Ghz WiFi Linksys EA7300. There is a HUGE difference between all Express devices (I got 5 of them) and Ultra LT (my first one). Ultra WiFi is actually working quite well, reporting an excellent signal and other positives.

I like Ultra LT remote with voice control and TV off/on button. Over time, I plan to replace most, if not all, of my Express devices and get Ultras instead (when Ultras are on sale or something like that...). Unfortunately, it feels like there is NO hope for Express line, so I suggest Roku should stop all "suggestions" how to make it work, and instead, cut prices for Ultra line by 50%.