Wi-Fi & connectivity

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vaneknc91
Level 7

Wifi not found

I just bought the roku express device and my WiFi for some odd reason has a normal name and then a 5G version of it. I have no issues finding that 5G version of it in my phone, tablet or laptops; but I can’t find it in my roku device when trying to connect it. Has anyone had this issues before ?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Wifi not found

Express units are the low end of the product line, and they support single band wifi at 2.4 GHz only.  That's why it does not see your 5 GHz wifi band. Can your wifi router be set to use the 2.4 GHz band?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos