Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kariglenn_

Wifi Issue in Dorm after power outage

Hello! So i live at my University Housing, so I always connect my device via dorm & hotel room since our wifi is university public. I have never had an issue, until this week. Our power went out in the area, so later that day I went on to reconnect the wifi via our normal way, but it now it giving me error: 14.50. I know the wifi is on and working because my phone is connected so I have no idea what to do.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Alligood

Re: Wifi Issue in Dorm after power outage

Same here. We live in a RV and have been connected to the campgrounds Wi-Fi. Which we have to use the hotel and dorm connect, because a window has to pop us and we have to hit continue. The campground had an internet outage about a week and half ago. Ever since we have been having a issue connecting to the internet. When it pops up for us to connect to the “DIRECT-roku…” with another device, we connect to it with the other device but then it shows that there is no internet connection and it won’t pop up the window we need. We have tried resetting the network setting and even factory reset the roku. The roku’s software is up to date. This is extremely frustrating. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@kariglenn_

Thanks for the post.

That specific error code relates to internet connectivity.

For more information about how to troubleshoot that specific error code, we would recommend taking a look at our Support page here: Set up or fix your internet connection

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Alligood

Thanks for the post.

For troubleshooting purposes, have you already tried connecting your Roku device to an alternate wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you are experiencing the same issue?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Postwick
Binge Watcher

How many of these threads does there have to be before you figure out the issue isn't people's network, it's that Roku can't handle when the wifi network channel changes?

EVERY OTHER DEVICE ON OUR NETWORK WORKS FINE, ONLY THE ROKU BREAKS. STOP BLAMING OTHER DEVICES. IT'S A PROBLEM WITH THE ROKU SOFTWARE.

I see you replying to all these threads reporting the same problem, and you don't notice they're all the same problem with all the same cause. You just keep mindlessly repeating the same canned troubleshooting steps. 

0 Kudos