Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Butterfly2
Reel Rookie

Re: WiFi suddenly stopped connecting 9/1/23

I don't think it did an update...?

When I moved about 26 weeks ago, I removed it and threw it in my laptop bag.  Moved into the new apartment and last night, hooked it up and have not been able to connect.  

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Butterfly2,

Thanks for the quick response!

Can you please try to restart your modem and router by unplugging them from the wall outlet for a minute and plugging them back in right after? It can fix some Internet connection problems, occasionally improve slow connections, and resolve typical wireless issues. Also, please try to restart your Roku Express by doing the same thing.

Let us know how it goes; we'll gladly assist you further.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Butterfly2
Reel Rookie

I had actually done that already...unplugged/reset the modem and the roku, but I just did it again.  Now it found the network and connected, but signal strength is poor, so it won't load anything...still, this is progress.  The roku and modem are maybe 6 ft apart, but I haven't got much flexibility to move them further apart.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us posted, @Butterfly2.

How about utilizing an alternative network, such as a mobile hotspot? Would there be any difference in the signal strength?

Please let us know.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos