Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bbeedy2212
Channel Surfer

WiFI auto reconnect - can Roku do it??

In my area, the wifi occasionally goes away. most of my devices (computers, apple products) will automatically find WiFI and reconnect with no intervention.

Roku dos NOT.

Is  there a trick in the settings to accomplish that - is it purchasing a new roku box - smart tv's no better ??????

Can it be done, or should I just forget and move on???   Thanks for helping!!!!!

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: WiFI auto reconnect - can Roku do it??

Hi @Bbeedy2212,

Thanks for the post,

Thank you for reaching out to us regarding your Wi-Fi connectivity issue. We are here to assist you in resolving this problem. 

If you are experiencing difficulties with auto-connecting to your Wi-Fi, we suggest restarting your system by following these steps: 

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart

We hope this solution will fix the issue.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

@Bbeedy2212 I have several Roku devices and Roku TVs.  They all automatically reconnect to my Wi-Fi after an outage.  Do a restart of your device as suggested.

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

For what it’s worth, I have never connected a Roku to my Wi-Fi more than once, so, I don’t know why yours is different.  Currently I have a 3941, which is only about two years old. I’ve had some older models and didn’t have to reconnect them either.  I’ve also changed channels at my Router and the roku would dutifully follow the channel change.

What model number do you have and what Wi-Fi band are you connecting on?

Banned but back. Because why not?