Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mor

When Connecting I’m getting Error Code 014.30

Jump to solution

I’m not getting a wireless connection and I’m getting this error code.  Yes I’ve rebooted and moved my phone closer checked for interference etc etc (connecting via mobile hotspot. Thanks in advance 🙂

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: When Connecting I’m getting Error Code 014.30

Jump to solution

Hi @Mor,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

Please be aware that the error code usually indicates that you need to fully reboot both your Roku device and your wireless router. We recommend disconnecting the power to your wireless router for a couple of minutes and then reconnecting it again. Once it loads up fully and reconnects to the internet, plug your Roku device back in again and try to connect once more.

You can see more tips about connection error codes and troubleshooting steps here: How to connect your Roku streaming device to the internet.

If, for some reason, that isn't clearing things up, you might try changing your wireless network password to remove any special characters. In addition, some Roku devices will not recognize the 5Ghz network. You need to make sure that your 2.4 GHz network is active by using your mobile phone and checking if you can detect the 2.4 GHz network. We also suggest reaching out to your Internet service provider or ISP for assistance in checking if the 2.4 GHz network is active and not hidden.

Please keep us posted on how it works.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: When Connecting I’m getting Error Code 014.30

Jump to solution

Hi @Mor,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

Please be aware that the error code usually indicates that you need to fully reboot both your Roku device and your wireless router. We recommend disconnecting the power to your wireless router for a couple of minutes and then reconnecting it again. Once it loads up fully and reconnects to the internet, plug your Roku device back in again and try to connect once more.

You can see more tips about connection error codes and troubleshooting steps here: How to connect your Roku streaming device to the internet.

If, for some reason, that isn't clearing things up, you might try changing your wireless network password to remove any special characters. In addition, some Roku devices will not recognize the 5Ghz network. You need to make sure that your 2.4 GHz network is active by using your mobile phone and checking if you can detect the 2.4 GHz network. We also suggest reaching out to your Internet service provider or ISP for assistance in checking if the 2.4 GHz network is active and not hidden.

Please keep us posted on how it works.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos