Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous10
Reel Rookie

What is “DIRECT-roku”? Please help if you can

What is DIRECT-roku? I saw it on my TV set on the wifi connection list and it requires a password and my Roku Express device is no help.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: What is “DIRECT-roku”? Please help if you can

Hello! @Anonymous10,

It's great to have you join the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out to us. We're pleased to assist.

• Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing?
  • If possible send us a picture of what you're seeing on your screen.

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

It is for the remote control.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@Anonymous10-

Expanding on the reply from @andyross ..

All Rokus from the last few years can be controlled by Roku remotes that connect to the Roku via WiFi.  These are connections directly between the remote and the Roku that do not go through your local WiFi network.  DIRECT-Roku is the name (SSID) so-equipped Roku models apply to this potential connection and it will show as a separate network from your normal home network.  Roku WiFi remotes will find  this automatically, so there is nothing you need to do to make this connection, other than pairing the remote to the particular Roku unit you wish it to control. 

If you have more than one active Roku nearby, it may confuse the remote when you try to pair it, so you may need to power down other Rokus while pairing the remote.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X