Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fhassan

Weak signal and overheating issue on Roku Premier 3920X

Jump to solution

Since past few months, I have noticed that the wifi signal that Roku detech is extremely weak (1 bar) as compare to full bars it used to detect. Also I have noticed that it is quite warm on touch even after 10 minutes of use. It wasn't the case few months ago. Even if I put the router next to the Roku, it only detects 1-2 bars. All of my devices are connecting to wifi with full strength in the same location without any issues.

Serial # is YH00ED179480

Software version: 9.3.0 build 4194-91

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Weak signal and overheating issue on Roku Premier 3920X

Jump to solution

Hi @Tqp9999,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

If you are getting an error code or message, refer to this link for common Roku error codes and their recommended actions: How to connect your Roku® streaming device to the internet using Wi-Fi® or Ethernet | Official Roku ...

Furthermore, if the affected device is a Roku Express or Roku Premiere, please note that both devices are only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Ensure that your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to. You can check your device model by navigating to Settings > System > About

In regards to your Roku device is overheating, it's fairly normal for your device to get warm during use, but if you are seeing a message on the screen mentioning overheating, there are a few things you can do to help.
For more information visit our Support page here: What to do if the red light is on or you see a “Your device is overheating” message | Official Roku ...

Keep us posted from there if you need additional help.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Tqp9999

Jump to solution

I got the same issue! Something after the updates overheated the box and made the wifi signal poor

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Tqp9999,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

If you are getting an error code or message, refer to this link for common Roku error codes and their recommended actions: How to connect your Roku® streaming device to the internet using Wi-Fi® or Ethernet | Official Roku ...

Furthermore, if the affected device is a Roku Express or Roku Premiere, please note that both devices are only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Ensure that your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to. You can check your device model by navigating to Settings > System > About

In regards to your Roku device is overheating, it's fairly normal for your device to get warm during use, but if you are seeing a message on the screen mentioning overheating, there are a few things you can do to help.
For more information visit our Support page here: What to do if the red light is on or you see a “Your device is overheating” message | Official Roku ...

Keep us posted from there if you need additional help.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.