Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kasherrod

Want to watch local live tv with Cox router

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StreamerSue
Roku Guru

Re: Want to watch local live tv with Cox router

Jump to solution

This isn’t a Roku issue. Google won’t charge you to use another device in your same home. You are allowed to use YouTube TV on different devices in your home. Don’t click on trial. Click on login. Then login with your YouTube TV credentials. Same credentials you log into on your other tv. Same goes for Netflix, Hulu or other channels you currently subscribe to. It gives you two options. Start a trial or login if you are a current subscriber 

https://support.google.com/youtubetv/answer/7452153?hl=en

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
StreamerSue
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Can you please provide more information such as do you have Roku TV or a Roku device? Which model number is it? So you only have Cox internet at the time?

0 Kudos
Kasherrod

Jump to solution

I have Roku tv model no. 40H4F. I have Cox internet 

0 Kudos
Kasherrod

Jump to solution

Yes I have Roku tv and am hooked to internet. My other smart tv allows me to see local channels as well as u tube tv and my Roku received internet thru a router by don’t receive these options. How do I get these channels on Roku?

0 Kudos
StreamerSue
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Ok so you have a Roku TV and you currently subscribe to YouTube TV. YouTube TV provides your local channels. So just go into the Roku channel store and add YouTube TV. It’s that easy. Your other tv you had to add the YouTube TV app/ channel to it also to watch local tv. You can’t just turn a tv on and expect it to give you locals. You could also use an antenna. But since you already pay for YouTube TV then install YouTube TV on your Roku

https://support.roku.com/article/208756308

0 Kudos
Kasherrod

Jump to solution

Yes I pay for Utube on another tv but every time I try to add it they want to charge me like 64$ extra month just for this added tv

0 Kudos
StreamerSue
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

This isn’t a Roku issue. Google won’t charge you to use another device in your same home. You are allowed to use YouTube TV on different devices in your home. Don’t click on trial. Click on login. Then login with your YouTube TV credentials. Same credentials you log into on your other tv. Same goes for Netflix, Hulu or other channels you currently subscribe to. It gives you two options. Start a trial or login if you are a current subscriber 

https://support.google.com/youtubetv/answer/7452153?hl=en

0 Kudos