Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deberie

Unable to connect to mobile hotspot using my IPhone 12

Jump to solution

I have tried to connect to roku with several different hotspot phones.i get connected to wifi but no internet. Help [personal information removed]

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: iPhone 12 hotspot how do I connect

Jump to solution

Hi, @jroelgoetz

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We acknowledge your inquiry, and we're here to help. Follow the steps below on how to connect to your hotspot for a Network.

1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll up or down and select Settings.
  3. Select Network.
  4. Select Set up connection.
  5. Select Wired or Wireless.

If you cannot find your mobile hotspot when scanning for the network, you may need to adjust some settings on your mobile phone to enable a complete connection with your Roku TV.

Please let us know what you find out.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
jroelgoetz

Jump to solution

I'm trying to connect my Roku TV without WIFI, just my iPhone, just like my computers connect to my. iPhone hotspot.  Is this not possible without the use of WIFI?

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @jroelgoetz

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We acknowledge your inquiry, and we're here to help. Follow the steps below on how to connect to your hotspot for a Network.

1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll up or down and select Settings.
  3. Select Network.
  4. Select Set up connection.
  5. Select Wired or Wireless.

If you cannot find your mobile hotspot when scanning for the network, you may need to adjust some settings on your mobile phone to enable a complete connection with your Roku TV.

Please let us know what you find out.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Gjk

Jump to solution

When i press home on roku nothing comes up on my tv or phone to scan the settings 

0 Kudos
Gjk

Jump to solution

When i press roku home button nothing comes up

0 Kudos
jontalk
Roku Guru

Re: Unable to connect to mobile hotspot using my IPhone 12

Jump to solution

@DeberieI'm sure you know that a mobile hot spot IS a device that provides wireless data much like a router does. That said, its quite possible the problem is channel congestion so I'd suggest you install an app similar to WiFi Analyzer for Android on your phone. THEN look at how many others are using the SAME channel as you are and switch to one less congested. It's not at all unusual to have difficulty when there are many others on the same channel. If you are using the 5gHz band, I'd also suggest learning how to change bandwidth since the majority use 80hz rather than 40, which I personally find much better

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds. Motorola MB8600 modem. Asus RT-AX68U WiFi 6 router. Western Digital Power Line network adapters
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Gjk wrote:

When i press home on roku nothing comes up on my tv or phone to scan the settings 

Pressing Home does nothing but take you to the main Roku screen if you're not already there. You have to go into the Settings/Network menu to search for a WiFi connection. Depending on your model phone, you might need to activate a setting "Maximize Compatibility" or something similar. And of course you must enable the Hotspot on your phone before it's visible to the Roku.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos