Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Warchant
Reel Rookie

Ultra has Error 016 on Spectrum

Error 016 pops up when opening all apps. I can select "Proceed anyway" and it may work (or it may not). If it does work, it is glitchy and difficult to actually select a program, and gives me frequent black screens. 

I have reset the network connection, and turned the unit off, unplugged it for 30 minutes, and I still have the issues. 

Spectrum tells me that they cannot help me, after spending 1 hour on the phone with them and checking the connection of other devices, and suggested I contact Roku support.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Warchant
Reel Rookie

Re: Ultra has Error 016 on Spectrum

This is on EVERY streaming app on all of my Roku devices (I have a Stick, an Ultra and a TCL Roku TV). Is there no other way than to do this for each app?

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello @Warchant,

Thanks for keeping us updated on the issue you are working on!

Please be advised that error 016 occurs when you are trying to launch a streaming channel, but your device loses its network or internet connection.

For troubleshooting steps, restart the Roku to clear its memory via Settings > System > System restart (for a Roku TV, it's Settings > System > Power > System restart). Again, sometimes that's all it takes; if not, keep going. Find and connect to your network via Settings> Network > Set up connection.

You may also try connecting to a mobile hotspot.

Please keep us posted if there are any differences.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dancewme

that fix doesnt work, within seconds of getting an excellent connection, it disconnects,   this has been going on for months.  I am paying for services that I cant use because Roku continues to ignore the issue.  This is unacceptable. Fix your product connectivity issues or lose customers.  This is **bleep**

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @dancewme,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We understand your sentiments regarding this, and we would feel the same way. As you mentioned, you are having an issue connecting your Roku device to the network. We will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue.

Please tell us more details so that we can better understand the problem you are having.

• Is the issue happening on all content or channels, or is this isolated to one content or channel? (Specify)
  • Are you getting any error messages or error codes when trying to play content or when trying to connect to the network?
  • How far is your Roku device from your network router?
  • Do you have cellular data, so we can try connecting your device to your hotspot to see if the issue persists?

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue. Thank you!

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos