Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RAAC
Reel Rookie

Ultra Does Not Connect to Mobile Hotspot

Jump to solution

Hi there,

I am new to Roku, received my Ultra yesterday and setup was easy.  I want to use my laptop Mobile hotspot as wifi connection to Roku. From the Wireless screen it shown signal is Excellent, attempt to connect wireless connection checked, but failed in internet connection.  The error code is 009.  I could connect using both wired or wireless to my service provide router.  Just could not connect to my laptop 'Mobile hotspot' for some reason.  Anyone please help!

20221111_093405_HDR.jpg20221111_093417.jpg

Many thanks

RAAC

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Ultra Does Not Connect to Mobile Hotspot

Jump to solution

That error sometimes occurs when the WiFi settings are not compatible with Roku. With many different access points (such as your hotspot), the 2.4 GHz radio needs the mode set to B/G/N, instead of only G/N. I can't tell you how to change it on your hotspot, but my guess there should be some instructions for it online or perhaps even a manual that came with it. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

That error sometimes occurs when the WiFi settings are not compatible with Roku. With many different access points (such as your hotspot), the 2.4 GHz radio needs the mode set to B/G/N, instead of only G/N. I can't tell you how to change it on your hotspot, but my guess there should be some instructions for it online or perhaps even a manual that came with it. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
RAAC
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Noted with thanks, Dan.  At least a direction for me to move on for seeking a resolution.

0 Kudos