Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Help950

Two Rokus will not connect

Jump to solution

I moved Roku to another house and it worked fine. I moved it back and it will not connect to the network. The remote will not work, and the app remote will not work. All Roku support content seems to rely on the Roku being connected and/or having a working remote. I have pushed the button to reset the Roku, I have restarted the app, my phone and the router. I even tried another older Roku that had no remote and am having the same issues. The app will not detect the Roku.
"1. Please make sure your phone and Roku device are connected to the same network. (I can't because I can't control the Roku.
2. Make sure you are connected to your home network and try again." (My phone is connected to the home wifi, the roku won't connect to anything)

I can't connect manually because I do not know the IP address of the Roku.

Please help. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Two Rokus will not connect

Jump to solution

You can't use the app until the Roku is connected to your network and your Roku has no IP address until it's connected to a network.  You either have to get a remote or configure your network (SSID/network name and password) to match the last network the Roku was connected to.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Two Rokus will not connect

Jump to solution

You can't use the app until the Roku is connected to your network and your Roku has no IP address until it's connected to a network.  You either have to get a remote or configure your network (SSID/network name and password) to match the last network the Roku was connected to.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos