Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: TV's locked up, screen message says my Roku acct expired and listed a phone number to call

Jump to solution

@Jack80 

When you performed the Factory Reset on your Roku Streaming Stick, did you press and hold the Reset button for 30+ seconds?

RokuTV = 15-30 secs for Factory Reset

Roku devices= 30+ seconds for Factory Reset

---

If you simply press the Reset button, that will just perform a Restart, not Reset.

---

Feel free to provide some details as to the issues you are continuing to have and any screenshots if they are helpful in explaining.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Jack80
Channel Surfer

Re: TV's locked up, screen message says my Roku acct expired and listed a phone number to call

Jump to solution

Believe I did and watched the flashing light but will redo it again.  I got the Roku channel but no apps like is suppose to be and was there before my problem.  Any other ideas are very much appreciated.  Also the Roku remote did not work, put in new batteries.  When I got the Roku channel, had to do any screen control with the TV remote.  Thanks for sticking with me on my problem.  Before the problem, the Roku setup was excellent.

0 Kudos
putz4582
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I don't think I can be of much more help. Altering the guest mode setting resolved my problem. But did you remove the 'check out date' on the 'guest mode' screen?  That date parameter is what is actually locking you out. I didn't have any problems with the actual device working... sorry, wish I could help you ... 

0 Kudos
Jack80
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks for all you help and patience.  I finally went the cancel the current and set up complete new account.  New email and password; back in viewing business.  Any suggestion on how to transfer paid for apps without paying again (paid through Roku).

0 Kudos
Jack80
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Also had to set up new name which is now Jack801

0 Kudos
Jack80
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Appreciate all you ideas and patience.  Finally went the cancel the current account and completely set up new account, new email and password.  Also had to set up new name for Community, Jack801.

One more question, how do I transfer streaming subscriptions paid for through Roku to the new account?

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Jack80 and @Jack801 

Good to hear you are back up and running, even if you had to create new account.

You can try contacting Roku at https://support.roku.com/contactus and selecting Accounts Payments Subscriptions category and see if they can help you out.

Unfortunately, you should be prepared to lose them, but certainly doesn't hurt to ask and hopefully they can do something for you.

---

It is generally advisable to have your subscriptions directly with the provider.  Although you lose convenience of having them all in one place, much easier to transfer them to different accounts and also allows you to view them anywhere (on Roku devices,  other streaming devices platforms, your PC/laptop, etc).

----

Going forward, just be careful with sharing account with others as a lot of scammers out there.  Make sure you are on official Roku website and Roku Support (here) forum.

Feel free to come back if you you need further help. 👍

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102