Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OTOT
Reel Rookie

TCL Roku Won’t connect to Xfinity XFi gateway wireless connection

I’ve seen various posts about this elsewhere however my issues are still unresolved. I just recently installed an Xfinity XFi gateway but it will not allow my TCL Roku tv to establish a wireless connection. I am also unable to change my Wi-Fi settings to b,n,g per previous recommendations. If anyone can help resolve this I will be forever grateful 

0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: TCL Roku Won’t connect to Xfinity XFi gateway wireless connection

@OTOT 

Does the Xfinity network have different names for the 2.4 GHz network and the 5 GHz network? If so, pick the 5 GHz network.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
OTOT
Reel Rookie

Unfortunately it’s all under one umbrella name. Is there a way to separate them? Or is there a correct channel to choose under the 5GHz network? 

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@OTOT 

If you're not able to get to the settings to change back to b/g/n, then you won't be able to change SSID.

As for 5 GHz channel, if you can set that, you should be able to set b/g/n on the 2.4 GHz. But to answer your question, Xfinity won't pick a 5 GHz channel that's not for consumer usage in the USA. I'm using channel 149 on 5GHz band right now, but I'm also letting my device pick it.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@OTOT 

On the 5ghz, select channels 36-48, or 149-161.  Any other channel number will be a DFS channel that Roku cannot see or use.

-----

As a sidenote, you should be able to make changes to both your 2.4ghz and 5ghz wireless settings after logging into your router if the Xfi App is not cooperating.  Just type in 10.0.0.1 into a web browser and then enter your admin name=admin and password=password.  This should grant you access to your admin settings.

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

OTOT
Reel Rookie

Weirdly I think with the new XFi model you cannot change to b/n/g just g/n ,g, n, ax, or g/n/ax

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@OTOT 

Did you already try this walkthough from this thread (https://community.roku.com/t5/Network-Wireless-Wired-Connections/Error-014-30-stuck-for-three-days/m...)

Worse comes to worse, we can provide instructions to seperate the bands.

You can also try restarting your router, then navigating to Roku Settings..System..Advanced System Settings..Reset Network Connection..Connection Reset.

Then when Roku reboots automatically, go to the Settings..Network..Setup Connections and see if your network is present.  You may have to press Scan Again a few times to refresh List.

---

Also go to Settings..System..About and see if your RokuTV is showing you both an IP address and a MAC address.

Post back with your router model number and any screenshots of your router's wireless settings. (you can either black out any passwords if you want or send them via private message).

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

I have been having the same issues as OP with Roku Ultra connecting to Xfinity Xfi but not being able to access the internet. Roku Express was having the same issue but somehow resolved itself, at least for now. I have been able to separate the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz signals, but there is no way to change the g/n to b/g/n. Yes, we've walked through the instructions (logged into admin section etc.), restarted Roku, restarted router, etc. None of this works.

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@castleofmist 

The Ultra is dual band, and should connect to the 5 GHz network. You indicated you had those separated. Have you tried connecting to the 5 GHz network?

DBDukes

0 Kudos

Yes. Roku connects to the 5G but then cannot stream. This has been the case since late last year. We have resorted to streaming directly through our smart TV but defeats the reason we bought Rokus in the first place.

0 Kudos