Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ad34754932
Streaming Star

Suddenly After Roku Reboot (from Software up most likely) Drops WiFi Connection

I have a Roku Ultra in living room Model # 4670RW (loft Roku Ultra is fine) that after it rebooted recently looses its WiFi connection.   I have to physically disconnect the power  then cold boot to restore connectivity.  But then after sleep it looses connection again.   Do I have a bad Ultra?   

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Suddenly After Roku Reboot (from Software up most likely) Drops WiFi Connection

If your Roku has a "Settings > System > Power > Auto power savings > After 20 minutes of no interaction" setting, try disabling it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
jontalk
Roku Guru

Re: Suddenly After Roku Reboot (from Software up most likely) Drops WiFi Connection

@ad34754932Curious what sort of router/network you're using and if you've ever used a network research app like WiFi Analyzer to see which channels are the most congested. When devices drop connections its often due to the channel having too much interference with others using the same one so changing it to one with less congestion often solves the problem. But as the other member said, it could also be the power setting. Regardless I hope you get it solved

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds. Motorola MB8600 modem. Asus RT-AX68U WiFi 6 router. Western Digital Power Line network adapters
0 Kudos
ad34754932
Streaming Star

I have Firewalla Gold router/firewall, Netgear Smart Switch and two Netgear APs.   I use VLANs for Trusted, UnTrusted IoT, and Guest.  I have not had problems with any other device.

0 Kudos
ad34754932
Streaming Star

No Power setting for this Ultra.  

0 Kudos
ad34754932
Streaming Star

After Multiple reboots WiFi issue has corrected itself. However, my app icons appear to be corrupted since HOME indexes me into middle of the list now.   I am thinking I should do a hard reset of Ultra to set as new.   But how did this happen considering its running Linux with journaled file system?

0 Kudos