Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jotis
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Streaming Stick 4K Error Code 022

Jump to solution

Yes, it is. It's a little smaller than a deck of playing cards.

0 Kudos

Re: Error Code 022 - wireless receiver not detected

Jump to solution

I tried both HDMI ports. And a different TV. Same problem. Contacted customer support. They are sending me another wireless receiver. Meanwhile no TV. I already stopped my cable subscription. 

0 Kudos
ebass
Binge Watcher

Re: Error Code 022 - wireless receiver not detected

Jump to solution

How did you contact support

0 Kudos
Mj1999
Reel Rookie

Streaming stick 4K (not new) says Wireless receiver not detected; was working recently

Jump to solution

I have owned the roku streaming stick 4k since November 2022 and it just went kaput. I’m wondering if it’s worth trying to replace the long range wireless receiver cable for $20, since the error on the screen is Wireless Receiver Not Detected (even though it is plugged in using the correct wireless receiver cable).  There is no visual damage to the cable or connections. I don’t want to waste $20 if the problem is with the streaming stick and not the cable though. I’m wondering on the likelihood of the long range wireless receiver failing in 22 months versus the streaming stick failing. I have model 3820x. 
additional information: I have multiple Rokus and have this issue only on this device. In fact, I dug up an old slow Roku 3 and put it on this tv to mollify my 8yo. There was not a lot of stress on the cable since I’m using a HDMI extender/splitter port. 

IMG_2059.jpeg

ebass
Binge Watcher

Re: Streaming stick 4K (not new) says Wireless receiver not detected; was working recently

Jump to solution

Good Luck with this....I have the same issue and the support here is useless...

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Streaming stick 4K (not new) says Wireless receiver not detected; was working recently

Jump to solution

@Mj1999 

Personally, I think the potential need to replace this proprietary wireless receiver is a big drawback to this device.  Much prefer the Roku streaming players (non-Stick models) that do not require the use of this cable.

If you are receiving the "Wireless Receiver not Detected" message, I think you are safe in purchasing the receiver cable to get back up and running again.  Some users find it helpful to also attach a longer extender (USB female to male) in order to relieve the stress of the cable dangling from the back of the TV.

I was recently fixing a family member's TV and noticed the cable sheathing of the Streaming Stick wearing from the pinch point.  I just placed an extender bought from a local store and attached the Stick so it and the extender rested flat on the lower back of the TV away from the heat. 

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Netz

Jump to solution

This just happened to me tonight. Was getting nowhere with syncing remote to the stick. Kept saying "not connected" in the upper right hand corner. But being unable to sync the, remote I got nowhere. Finally took it to another tv just to see what would happen . After yet another stick reset I finally got the error message of wireless being undetected. I've been using this for 2+ years and now it appears it has crapped out on me?

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Netz,

Thanks for letting us know about this issue. We'll do our best to help.

Have you tried connecting the device to an alternative network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if there will be a difference? Also, for some users, an HDMI extender helps resolve network issues with the streaming stick. You can get one for free here. Just make sure to fill out the form.

Please keep us posted.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SCRAPS
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
ric40g

Re: Roku Streaming Stick 4K Error Code 022

Jump to solution

I must have a defective Long Range receiver cord as nothing is working to fix this issue

0 Kudos