Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Diesel-Dad
Reel Rookie

Slow response and sometimes will not connect when turn on

Seems like my remotes and Roku service has slowed and sometimes will not even work. More times than not it will not connect to WiFi when turned on. 
Everything has worked for a year and now one by one of my 4 Roku sticks are having issues. 
I am about to switch to Firestick. I have tried all the reboots, channel changes on WiFi, change to 2.4Mhz etc. 

It seems that their server is getting overloaded or the devices are only good for about a year then they make you buy another one. 

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Foraci
Reel Rookie

Re: Slow response and sometimes will not connect when turn on

I have a similar problem turning on remote,I get the Roku logo then my TV show no signal. My internet connection is working for my computer. I did a reset that I now know may of made things worse.The streaming device fell off the receiver could that of stopped everything, the light is on.Having issues with the cable one is new one is old.Noticed the old one quit working , and the new one was sensitive to the touch Roku turning off.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Diesel-Dad @Foraci,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We'd like to investigate further this issue that you're having. May we know how you are powering your Roku device? Is that plugged in directly to a wall outlet or to a power strip?

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Diesel-Dad
Reel Rookie

The Roku stick is powered by the usb port on the tv. 

0 Kudos
Foraci
Reel Rookie

Hello John

Yes, it is plugged in directly to power strip.

0 Kudos
Foraci
Reel Rookie

Hello

I have this connection Roku streaming player USB to USB on TV

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Foraci,

Thanks for your active response.

We'll need further details to resolve this concern. Please send us a PM here at the Roku Community. To send a private message, click the user's name beside the icon, and you will be redirected to the user's profile. There, you will see "Send this user a private message."

We look forward to hearing back from you.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
570s
Binge Watcher

It is not a slow response I have posted this over a month ago. It doesn’t work. Until it wants to right now i am  on my fourth going on fifth attempt this time waiting over 3o min this thing will end up burning out my TV because I have to leave it on in order not to have to go through the process of getting it to turn back on. Totally unacceptable

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We understand your frustrations, @570s.

We're happy to assist.

Could you provide us with the device ID? This can be found in Settings > System > About.

Please keep us informed.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos