Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jc0425

Signal Drops and TV just buffers.

Jump to solution

The wifi signal just drops on my Roku TV Model 55S531.  It just started this about 3 days ago.  I've had it since last December.  Everything else is connected and it even says my TV is connected but it just buffers.  I have to unplug the TV and then it boots up.  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Signal Drops and TV just buffers.

Jump to solution

Welcome, and thank you for posting here at the Roku Community, @jc0425.

Thanks for raising your network issues with us. Rest assured that we will find you the best resolution possible.

May we first know who is your Internet Service Provider? We also recommend resetting your network connection by navigating to your Home screen. Scroll up or down to select Settings > System > Advance system settings > Network reset connection

After doing so, reboot your router. You may need to review instructions from your internet service provider (ISP) or router manufacturer to perform it properly. In some cases, you can simply unplug your router and plug it back in, and in other cases, it may require pressing a reset button on the device. For help, visit the website of your ISP or router manufacturer or contact them directly.

We'll be looking forward to your update. Hope this helps! 

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome, and thank you for posting here at the Roku Community, @jc0425.

Thanks for raising your network issues with us. Rest assured that we will find you the best resolution possible.

May we first know who is your Internet Service Provider? We also recommend resetting your network connection by navigating to your Home screen. Scroll up or down to select Settings > System > Advance system settings > Network reset connection

After doing so, reboot your router. You may need to review instructions from your internet service provider (ISP) or router manufacturer to perform it properly. In some cases, you can simply unplug your router and plug it back in, and in other cases, it may require pressing a reset button on the device. For help, visit the website of your ISP or router manufacturer or contact them directly.

We'll be looking forward to your update. Hope this helps! 

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jontalk
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@jc0425While I don't recognize the Roku model, from experience dropped signals usually have to do with WiFi channel congestion. Best way to find out is by using a phone app like WiFi Analyzer for Android or if you have an iPhone search for something similar. Once installed it will show you which channels are the most congested as compared to the one you're using. By switching the channel to one with less interference it could solve the problem, though you'll need to know how to log into your router to do it 🙂 Hope that helps

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds. Motorola MB8600 modem. Asus RT-AX68U WiFi 6 router. Western Digital Power Line network adapters
0 Kudos