Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ldefoe
Visitor

Roku won't work with CenturyLink router

I cannot get my Roku to connect to my CenturyLink C1900A router. I read on this forum of people having issues with CenturyLink's Calix router, but the settings they changed on there aren't on my Actiontec router. Has anyone had the same issue? And has anyone found a solution? I can't find what setting to change to get this to work. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku won't work with CenturyLink router

I turned the WiFi off in my Actiontec long ago. I have major heat issues with them, so it eases the load by removing that source of heat. Instead I have a router configured as a Wireless Access Point inside my home. This not only removes any issue with the Actiontec (which I think is a miserable piece of equipment) and gives me not only faster WiFi (5 GHz 802.11AC) but a 4 port Gigabit switch as well. 
One possible problem might be if you have special characters in your wireless password, such as * & # or others. Roku doesn't seem to like those very well. 
Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
nrw276
Channel Surfer

I have the same problem but haven't found any answers. Unfortunately, Centurysuk is the only internet available where I live. I have had them come out MULTIPLE times and it still sucks and they could care less.

0 Kudos
DJL2EGGR
Reel Rookie

I too am having the same problem.  It's been a real sore forever.  Strangely, I can connect to my neighbors Belkin router...crazy.  I had to do a hotspot with my iPhone get it to work but it's still intermittent.

0 Kudos
imdor54
Reel Rookie

I actually have the equal trouble however haven't observed any solutions. Unfortunately, Centurysuk is the best net available in which I live while using router. I even have had them pop out MULTIPLE instances and it nonetheless sucks and they could care less.

0 Kudos